1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older people coming out

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Peter, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Peter

Hi all, if you are in the South-England area, I have participated in a film on older people coming out. There are currently four public showings planned for this:

Tuesday 12th Jan, 7.30pm: London Short Film Festival, Roxy Cinema, London Bridge; part of 'Night of the Living Docs' event. 128-132 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB.

Friday 15th Jan, 7pm: LSFF @ Shortwave Cinema, London Bridge; part of 'Queer Shorts' event. 10 Bermondsey Square, London, SE1 3UN.

Monday 18th Jan, 7pm: ExAnimo screening @ Roundhouse Studios Theatre. Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road, London, NW1 8EH. Nearest tube = Chalk Farm. Please RSVP to [email protected] to reserve a place.

Saturday 30th Jan: LGBT General Assembly in Milton Keynes from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm (contact me directly for details)

2. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    just out of curiosity, did you come out in your youth or more recently?

3. Peter

The reason I am in the film is because I was in my fifties, when I came out to my wife and children (and you thought it was hard coming out to your mother!). I guess it took me 40 years to admit (to myself) what I always knew but did not want.