1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nick Jonas' "Who I Am"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RAJ Aladdin, Jan 17, 2010.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I once saw on a thread that people think at least ONE of the Jonas Brothers are gay and most agreed that it was probably Nick however not by much difference between Joe and Kevin. They pretty much got equal gaydar readings from these people but Nick slightly, and I do mean slightly, more.

I just saw the video for "Who I Am" and then I thought..."Do you think he's trying to tell us something discreetly?".

The lyric that jumped at me was "I want someone to love me- for who I am".

Your thoughts?

And please, no "I HOPE HE IS!"'s, serious opinions please...

2. Shevanel

It most likely means he just wants someone to not be all "OMG ITS NICK JONAS", and actually like him for who he actually is on the inside. Pretty sure thats how most people feel. To find someone who isn't superficial.

3. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

I was thinking more along the lines of he wants to separate himself from "The Jonas Brothers"- like he IS a person, not just 1/3rd of the biggest pop band on the planet currently.

Have you ever seen him on their TV show? He looks the most miserable. I feel for him like this is a mockery of what he wanted as an artist. Disney wants money from them and he wants music so with all these TV shows and TV movies it's not HIM. Y'know what I mean?

#3 RAJ Aladdin, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  4. Shevanel

Sadly I have seen him on the TV show, and I know exactly what you're talking about. But honestly, if he wanted to separate himself from Disney and everyone else, he'd do his "solo thing" OFF Disney, but I'm sure he's still on contract with them or something, which is why he's still on it, and having his music videos and stuff shown on commercial breaks. (My sister watches Disney like really often, Only reason I know this shit -_-).

That's also a possibility, and I'm sure he feels that way, but I doubt he'd write a song about it, if indeed he's the writer of the song at all.

5. Greggers

He is the writer of this and much of their music (He is actually freaking talented at that shit)

I am 50% sure either joe or nick are gay, one of them HAS to be! xD But of course its not like SUPER likely or anything.

As for the music video, i really liked it (and i love the song in the first place) and i did get some subtle vibes from the gay spectrum, but it seems mostly like he just wants to be seen as a real person and not just a jonas brother.

6. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

You know in the video I was waiting for someone to have a card saying "I am..." and they'd turn it over and say "Gay" or "Bi"...alas no! LOL!

Disney has a cash cow with the Jonas Brothers and there's no way in Hell Disney was going to let their "own" give money to another record label. They're going to be with Disney for a WHILE! LOL!

As for the song, he did write as Greggers pointed out but he wrote it for another artist who didn't like it so Nick kept it and thought it was for the best as it described him at the time and not another artist.

7. elitechris

I was wondering the same too...
    But the whole Miley, Selena, etc dating thing just ruins it for me

My bet is on Joe.

8. x2x2x2x2y2

I don't think any of them are gay, but if one of them were, it would be Nick. I don't really think the music vid has to do with being gay. I think it has to do with someone loving him for who he really is, not just a famous hot guy.

9. eXaphania

eXaphania Guest

Not interpreting the lyrics of the song, but aren't there studies out there investigating the levels of embryonic/fetal testosterone in the mother's womb, and how subsequent male siblings would get less testosterone thus the chance of the male child that would be gay, increases?

Thus, all other factors aside, scientifically (this is such a horrible way to analyze it, but please bear with me) the chances of the youngest Jonas brother being gay is much higher than the older ones?