1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac + PC = How the hell do i do this? >.<

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zero Beat, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Zero Beat

Hia peeps! (!) Today i had an idea. And I have no idea what I should google to get the answer so i have turned to here. :slight_smile: Lets hope there are lots of smarts here. :icon_wink

I have a iMac, 24" mid last year. I have a PC, old... 4 - 5 years maybe? Running windows vista. I never ever use it, but I want to keep it just in case. But in the mean time I want it to be doing something. So I was wondering would it would if I could some how use it to back my data up to? (Without pulling it apart)

eg:

Mac ----> Back Up ----> PC to store it.

Any Ideas? :help:

2. Confusicus

Confusicus Guest

You can pull the drive out of the old PC and build an external hard drive for pretty cheap. That is assuming the PC's hard drive has quite a bit of room on it.

Here's a pretty simple and straight forward guide to doing what I mentioned above.

http://peripherals.about.com/od/removablestorage/ss/intext.htm

3. adam88

Yeah, do whay Confusicus said. Enclosures are cheap, and you can use the external as a Time Machine backup drive. :slight_smile: Either that or just keep it around to play Team Fortress on.