1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm looking for NOT an iPod

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by PopUpsSuck17, Aug 23, 2007.

1. PopUpsSuck17

So.....I'm lookin' to get in with the hip crowd by gettin some gadgets that are....um...off da hook?

JUST KIDDING! You must all think I'm insane!

No seriously though, I don't have an iPod and everyone else has one. So of course I have to have one right? Well see.....I want something that does what an iPod does....without the whole "iPod" part. Basically.....I'm not into apple.

I really like watching movies and would probably want something that can do that (Like an iPod Video without the "iPod"). And movies take up space so it would have to have a lot of space. But it should still play music and stuff.

I've been watching Archos (Google it and it'll make sense). But I thought I'd ask around for other ideas before I run off to spend hundreds of dollars on something. Pretty smart right? :icon_wink

But yeah.....that took up way to much space. And time. I'm off to breakfast! Ta!

2. MissyJ158

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    What's wrong with ipods? *loves her ipod*
    Before I got it I was tossing up between getting an ipod or a Zen Neeon *made by Creative I think?* It does the same thing, I think it only has a max capacity of 4GB though, it's a little chunkier than an ipod but you can watch videos albeit on a smaller screen than an ipod and I think it actually comes with different coloured changeable covers. I can't really remember though. They seem really good. I decided to go for an ipod in the end because it was a similar price and I thought I may as well get the best and the smaller the better.. Plus 30GB is good. The new Zen Neeon 2 has an fm radio, voice recorder, which ipods don't have.

Here's the site

[​IMG]

3. CrimsonThunder

I dont know anything you would like but I heart my iRiver H10 <3

i say get an iRiver.

4. LorenzG1950

I like my Zen, 8 GB and excellent sound quality. :thumbsup:

5. davo-man

Im sorry, but im an Ipod supporter all the way...Ive had mine for about 1.5 years and ive never had it fail, lose music or data, and the battery is as good as new...

I personally would go for the ipod cos its a good price for $80 (cant remember how much, but its definitaly come down), and you get video with it. Also, Itunes is by far the best music organising software that i use, and its extremely intuitive. Plus, have you looked at it lately?...oh, Bellisimo (sorry inside joke with Bec and Bob)...but seriously, its beautiful

wat are your problems with Apple?....cos it works perfectly on Windows, and Itunes is completely compatable with Windows

6. PopUpsSuck17

Well, my cousin had a lot of trouble with her iPod (She's very annoying).
    Also, if I use Itunes I have to convert my entire music library (I have no idea why. It just says I have to and starts doing it) and since I have like 10 gigs of music it takes forever.

7. PopUpsSuck17

Hey! My brother has that!

It broke. :dry:

But then he fixed it! :icon_bigg

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I don't know the current models etc, but Creative stuff is usually very good. I had an old Creative Nomad ages ago (the one that was a big as a CD Walkman) which I used in the car I had then with one of those cassette adaptors in the strero, and it was great. The bumps and jolts didn't bother it, it just kept working fine and sounded good.

If I was buying an MP3 player now I would look at Creative rather than Apple. I'm sure iPods are over-priced because of their popularity. Apple know that people will buy iPods for the name and image regardless, whereas other products compete on price, features and quality.

9. Rette

I own an H10 too, and I must say, I miss my old iPod. The iRiver freezes up on me a lot, meaning that I have to try and jam the tiny reset button. Plus, the scroll speed is really slow. This might seem like a small matter, but it can take a helluva long time to scroll to a specific song in 18G worth of music.

10. CrimsonThunder

Send it back to iRiver and get it replaced/repaired.

11. astro069

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I'm not really a fan of i pod either. I have a creative vision m and love it. It has music, viseo, photos, and everything!

12. GuitarGirl1350

I have a ZenV. The plus version will play video, plus you get FM radio, line-in and mic recording, and excellent quality playback. It's also quite durable- I throw mine around in my purse and on my desk and it's yet to have a scratch on it. The battery life is also excellent, about 15 hours a charge.

The only drawback I've found to the ZENV is that you can't put in a memory card. So the memory you get is the memory you're stuck with.

It's well worth the money.
    I have a 2 gig and it was 120$, they go up to 8 gig which I believe runs around 250-300$.

13. GuitarGirl1350

Also, I've heard good things about Zune, but it breaks easily. (Hey, it's microsoft.)

14. Jim1454

I have an iPod 30G video. I think it is about $300 CDN. I'd never owned anything like it, and I LOVE IT! Its awesome - and with over 2200 songs on it and over 1000 digital pictures, I still have 2/3s of the memory left!

I don't use an apple computer - its totally compatible with my PC as well - so that isn't an issue. Although, the iPod is so cool I can imagine that their computers are pretty cool too.

I've never used anything else, so can't compare. I just love how easy it is to set up and use. I'd buy one again - no question.

15. paul7836

I have an Iaudio M5. (currently discontinued, but an improved one, the X5 is still being made) I loaded RockBox on it, so i can easily choose the music i want to listen to. Its relatively good, the only problem i have with it is the navigation thingy that is impossible to use while running/walking etc. And it gets stuck sometimes. I think you might like some of the other models that Cowon makes.

16. 24601

I have a 30GB Zune and absolutely love it. Everything is really easy to set up, use, and totally customizable. Recommend it, 100%.

17. young92

i like my ipod :]
    but i heard the zune is pretty good

18. the zune doesn't break easily. -.- it's basically a brick lol.

19. libertine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have an iriver h10 6 gigs and its awesome if all you need is music its a nice little practical device.