1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queer as Folk

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zume, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Zume

I searched for a thread and couldn't find one so I'm either blind or one wasn't made..so I made this one. Netflix is wonderful..got the first disc of season one of queer as folk this past week just to see whether or not i liked it..it's amazingly well made (I know i'm a bit behind but still) ..not to mention they use great music throughout each episode. May wind up buying the season sets. Anyone else thinkin about that too or already own them who think it's worth it?

2. NickT

I watched the first episode and realized, "Wow...if I watch any more I'll need a lot more tissues!" And I don't mean for tears >>;; So I don't really watch it.

3. s5m1

I watched the whole series and loved it. The show is a lot of fun.

4. Zach1992

I have seasons 3 & 4 because my mom got them cheap at the video store. I haven't watched them though.

5. RaeofLite

I actually started watching the series online not long ago too. It's good and quite amusing. :slight_smile:

6. MusicIsLife

WORTH IT! I love love loooove QAF. I own four seasons, my friend lent me the fifth and its probably my favourite TV show ever.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Got all five Seasons from HMV in London (Canada) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

:roflmao:

9. Ralivar

I love both the UK and US versions, I've watched most of the first of the US first seasons and then I've seen episodes here and there from all the other seasons.

10. Eleanor Rigby

I love it. I discovered it last year, and watched it all in a few weeks.

11. The Paradigm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've watched all the episodes as well some of the episodes were real tear jerkers. I've found it to be like the Bible--you have to take it with a grain of salt. Justin's my favorite character and I could easily fall for someone like him. :slight_smile:

12. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    found it last year, watched it all, and enjoyed it. Have you seen the UK mini-series it is based on?

13. Ben

Ben

I watched all episodes of Queer As Folk UK within a couple of days. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I've not seen the American version but I just think it's awesome that even 11 years ago we had graphic gay sex on one of the major channels. =')

14. iLambedil

iLambedil Guest

11 years ago? wow! It's been that long! Time for a new one! I've seen the whole season but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Some episodes were great but mostly it is very much fantasy!

15. Connor22

watching it on youtube and heard one of the best lines ever:

"and this is Nathan the lodger"
    "I'm not a lodger I'm a refugee"

pure gold

16. Jame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Watched 2 seasons on youtube but stopped as id prefer to get the dvds, its a brilliant show<3

17. Jerr

I own 3 of the seasons. (Four, Two, and One... I watched them in that order....) then I downl.... acquired... 3 and 5 to finish it.

I highly enjoyed it. HIGHLY but I realize it isn't everyone's cup o' tea.

18. kettleoffish

I've seen the British one (and by seen, I mean watched several times end to end in the space of a week) and it's fantastic :grin:

Also interesting to see how attitudes have changed in the last 11 years.. Nowadays I think that people would be more against a 15 year old smoking than against him having gay sex (as someone who was until very recently a 15 year old smoker who had gay sex), whereas in the series nobody bats an eyelid to Nathan smoking like a chimney, but all the gay sex! No no no! It probably has something to do with the smoking age going up to 18 from 16 and the age of consent doing the opposite, but still interesting.

19. dromadus

dromadus Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I first saw the British version which I got from two English gentlemen of my acquaintance. As a solid and proud American, I must say that nothing is funnier than British humor, which is why when buying a copy I had a choice and kept the original English (saw the American which was still very good). What is it, my English friends, about the nature of humor coming from your part of the world that gives it such excellence: dry, witty, subtle, absurd... We can even do that with Americans when were are making films set there. John Wayne was at his best playing an American of Irish descent in Ireland in "The Quiet Man." Nothing wrong with humor from the rest of the world, but something about those islands (pixies, leprechans, fairies) Oooohhhh, it must be the fairies.

20. Jerr

You are like my new favorite person ever.