1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lee Daniels is the first ever gay black person to be nominated for Best Director!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Feb 2, 2010.

1. This is a pretty cool little fact. Although I would have preferred to see Neil Blomkamp for District 9, I am happy for him. Precious was a pretty awesome movie.

2. perfectscorpio

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    :eusa_danc I am so excited about his nomination. As a gay African-American aspiring to be a filmmaker, hearing his name being called as so heartwarming for me. While we have had plenty of LGBT filmmakers being nominated for Oscars (Rob Marshall for directing Chicago, Bill Condon winning for writing Gods and Monsters, Gus Van Sant for directing Good Will Hunting and Milk, Scott Rudin winning for producing No Country for Old Men), having an African American gay man being nominated twice for directing AND producing an extraordinary film liek Precious now allows me to think that...it's possible for me to one day achieve that same honor.

God Bless You Lee Daniels!

#2 perfectscorpio, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010