1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"'da Kink in my Hair"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by RAJ Aladdin, Feb 4, 2010.

1. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

OMG OMG OMG This is my favourite TV series currently! I can't get enough of it!!! Please tell me I'm not the only person who has watched the show/ only person in LOVE with it!!!!

Based on the award winning play "da Kink in my Hair" written by Canadian Queer comedienne, playwright, actress, and artist Trey Anthony, "'da Kink in my Hair" tells the story of Novelette "Letty" Campbell, an immigrant from Jamaica, who has been living in Toronto for the pass seven years. In that time she has established herself as a successful Black woman in Toronto by fulfilling her dream of opening her own hair salon. She sends for her son Andre "Dre" Campbell and her boisterous sister Joy (played by Anthony) from Jamaica to join her in Canada and with the help of her business partner Dwayne, colleagues Nigel Samson and Alison "Starr" McMasterson, her boyfriend Richard, and a troubled youth named Malik Novelette and her salon become pillars of the Canadian Caribbean community.

I think this show is great, hilarious (especially for West Indians like moi), touching, and groundbreaking and I think it's too awesome to keep secret!

Any fans like me? Of course not as hardcore a fan as me LOL (!)

#1 RAJ Aladdin, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
  2. RAJ Aladdin

RAJ Aladdin Guest

Anybody? Anybody at all?