1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any guitarists in da house??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cpt doodles, Feb 10, 2010.

1. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    hey yall, sup?
    talk about guitars!! i love em!! they are the sole peice of equipment that makes me feel free - everything else has faults or boundries, but a guitar is simply limitless freedom, anybody else lovin that beatiful instrument??

2. Shevanel

*raises hand*
    Yep Yep Yep :slight_smile:

3. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I'm growing increasingly interested in taking lessons, though I'll have to wait until I can actually pay for them. Right now I can only strum a few chords and play not very decently a couple of songs.

4. Helen

Helen Guest

it's healthy for threads to have diverse opinions :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I dislike them. They never bloody work for me XD. So I stick to piano, oboe and ukulele :3. I like to be unusual, and my college is absolutely swamped with guitarists, so I never felt a particular desire to want to learn.

5. Just Adam

i shall also wander into the group.

6. donnie5

ME TOO!!!!! I have played the guitar for around ten years now I know how you feel I love playing so much!!

7. Sylver

Yup. Fender Stratocaster and a 12-string acoustic to be specific.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i've played guitar for..... as long as many of you have been alive, though to be honest, i haven't really pulled it out in years. Mostly acoustic -- I have a really nice handmade 6 string that was built in a tiny shop by a father-and-son business. I used to have a 12 string acoustic and a handmade electric, but got rid of those some time back. Also played in clubs and stuff back when i was in my early 20s.

I love good acoustic guitar players. I was a tour manager for one for about 4 or 5 years and never tired of watching him perform.

9. Strawberry

Me! Well, sort of... It's a work in progress, really. Haha. Let's just say that although I love to play the guitar, you're definitely not going to hear me on the radio any time soon. I've only been playing for a little under a year. I have two extremely cheap electric guitars because one decided it hated me and broke. I don't play a lot of electric, though. My pride and joy is the acoustic I got for Christmas.

10. J Schuelke

Oh yeah! Back in the day I used to take guitar lessons in a town near me and after two years of that I started learning more on my own. Now I've been playing almost 7 years.

I totally agree that it provides a lot of freedom because you are able to be as diverse as the music you play. In my opinion there is no better form of self-expression. I prefer more acoustic stuff over electric but I still plug in now and then.

Does anyone here write their own songs? I've been trying for a little while now, but it's harder than I thought. Any song writer advice would be sweet.

11. partietraumatic

i absolutely love my guitar. Its amazing and so relaxing to just sit down and play it. I can get lost for ages just playing it

[​IMG]

Thats more or less my guitar, mine is a slightly lighter shade, and doesnt have the f-hole. Its a g&l guitar, which seem to be fairly rare, not many places seem to sell them. But if you can get hold of them, they are better than guitars twice their price!

:grin:

12. Breakdown

i love my guitar.

i been playing 4 around 11 years now :grin:

i own an acoustic an an electric.

i can play classical music, solo's, rhymthem (sorry cnt spell) - jst like uno chord songs.

i even began writting my own stuff.
    which helps in other areas of my life

13. Connor22

Yeah me too! 2 acoustics and an electric love em all!!! :slight_smile:

14. Breakdown

what electric do u ownage?

15. Connor22

Roland G 707 it's one funky guitar, it's really a synthasizer but I don't know much about that so I don't bother, wammy bars broken though:frowning2:

16. Breakdown

sucks the wammy bar is broken.
    u can also jst get a peddel? works better than a wammy bar itself?

my washburn has a wammy bar, i need 2 re string it tho pain n the butt wen i dnt have any money atm

17. djt820

Though I play guitar, Im certainly no guitard. Im a bassist. Playing a Fender Jazz Bass 24. I got a low quality Schecter to qualify to be in this thread. Then I have other guitars and basses not worth mentioning.