1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jedward (cute gay twins from Ireland) Anyone heard of them?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Chip, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Apparently they were on a British show called "X factor" and I found this rather funny interview with them (and Joan Rivers) on the Graham Norton show.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7AjpADd4c[/YOUTUBE]

However, I really don't see what the fuss is about. Other than the fact they're cute, I don't think they have much going for them... they don't seem to be able to dance, they can't sing very well (that I can tell).

On the other hand, lack of singing ability hasn't stopped Lady Gaga :eek:

I don't see any real talent other than, maybe an opportunty for them to be poster children for Valium or Ritalin or something. Or maybe a "don't let this happen to you" hairstyling commercial.

Is there something I'm missing here?

2. Ben

Ben

I think the point in them is that they're rubbish. There is always a 'joke' act they put through to the finals on the reality TV shows in the UK, who everyone is meant to hate. The trouble is that people here like to support the underdog (i.e. Susan Boyle not winning BGT) and there's been an attitude of rebelling and power to the public masses (Christmas #1 2009 was 'Rage Against the Machine' in protest against the X Factor).

So some people supported Jedward because it stirred up the show a bit and as a result they stayed in for a few weeks. The charm of them comes from their inability to sing and how much they pissed off Simon Cowell. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And I don't think they've ever said that they're gay — they always talk about charming the ladies and stuff.

Ooh and edit time. This happened with The Cheeky Girls a few years ago. They didn't get through the first round of auditions, but they gained a kind of cult following and got to number two in the charts:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7AFZXgjrgg[/YOUTUBE]

3. AllSmiles

I didn't know they were gay. Have they said so? Like Ben I've heard them talking 'bout getting all the ladies and stuff.

I don't know, I dislike them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Miss Bubbles

Jonas your nice huh? -rolls eyes- lol

5. Connor22

*starts banging head on table* PLEASE MAKE THEM SHUT UP!!! REALLY DON'T LIKE THEM!!! GRRR giving Ireland a bad name

6. Just Adam

what happened to celeb assassins these days. these two annoying shites are perfect for it. i havent heard about them beeing gay though i think u need to check that source. if they came out i have a feeling it would be all over the papers we seem to have nothign else better to do. also the chances of them both beeign gay is slim if they came out id start shouting publicity whore at them.

7. KeithJ108

+1

Although Ireland has produced quite a few internationally successful (with good reason) acts over the years so I guess a (very) bad one had to come along sometime.

8. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

They aren't gay, they aren't cute.

9. Emberstone

I want to cut off all their hair. maybe they are the Samsons of Annoyence, and if you cut off their hair, they lose all their power.

10. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I stand corrected. It was really late last night and even at the time I was posting, I knew they said they weren't gay, but for some reason "gay" came out as an adjective when I was writing the headline.

However, I have to say my gaydar was twitching a bit as they were talking during the interview. My gaydar always gets messed up with European and English/Irish boys so I could be entirely off, but they didn't come off as the straightest bunch to me :slight_smile:

11. Harve

You're right for mistaking they're gay tbf, but you're not right mistaking them as cute. Seriously i don't mind novelty but this is just going too far :/. Fortunately Two Door Cinema Club came along at the same time to save NI.

12. Connor22

just a little story that made me want to kill myself, in the massive new shopping centre in Belfast, about 40 angels have been put up and painted in something inspiring, stuff like black rights or George Best or Live aid or U2... there's a Jedward one *facepalm*

13. Johnnieguy

Actually, if one of them IS gay, there is a 77% chance the other one will be gay too, since identical twins have exactly the same genes.

14. fallendream

which would prove whether or not sexuality is genetical.

15. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Jedward from the perspective of someone who hasn't been living in england over the last year is properly funny! Ah, there's no way to describe whats even going on there.
    Its like, one of those things that's only funny if you were there at the time? Yeah. Thing is though to everyone else its like wtf?
    Anyway. Yeah, i'd like to join connor in apologising for them. I promise, no one else in ireland is like that.

16. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i just threw up in my mouth...

17. -Michael-

They're not gay.
    Just extremely annoying

18. Apocalypte

Hate them, hate them, HATE THEM. And they're playing the bloody UCD Ball. Which means I have to sit through them playing if I want to see Igor Cavalera. :angry:

19. Johnnieguy

Be careful when you use the word "prove" or "proof." Such words really should be stricken from the English language because virtually nothing can ever be "proven". That said, there is significant evidence that sexuality is genetic. Genes are only a part of the story. Someone can have a gene for being gay, and yet be straight. Regulation and expression of genes plays just as big a role in phenotype as the actual genotype does.

20. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I'm trying to figure out what is with their hair.