1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Maximum Ride Series good?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Sesshomaru, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Sesshomaru

I know the title is a little vague, so I'll explain a bit. Would you recommend it to someone as a good book they'd read and enjoy? Meaning as in is it the kind of book that would make you never want to put it down until you've finished it. I've been seeing the commercial every now and then and now it's caught my attention.
    My previous interest in books has always been dark things such as vampires and there was some sorta angel-looking character with black wings in the commercial. I'm a huge fan of The Vampire Diaries and in love with it (currently waiting to get the third/fourth book this week). I've also become interested in Twilight lately due to the wolf in New Moon but I have a feeling that the Maximum Ride series might suit me more.
    Thanks for any info/comments on the books! :slight_smile:
    P.S. I didn't add a poll in case anyone is wondering why because I'd rather be able to have some feedback about the books rather than just a plain yes or no.

2. RaeofLite

I remember being younger and curious about those books as well but I never picked them up. I can't help you with that, sorry.

Have you tried the Vampire books by Anne Rice? She's a popular author. The first one is Interview with a Vampire.

3. Connor22

the Maximum ride series is awesome but the version's I get from the library have like a chapter every two pages :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Davey

My boyfriend read then in High School and he really liked them. I started the first one and was really enjoying it but I have book A.D.D so I didn't finish it then there got to be to many for me. But what he told me about them they are good. If you enjoy action and drama they are a good fit.

5. Sesshomaru

I actually had heard of the Vampire books by Anne Rice right before posting while looking up what I could about the Maximum Ride series. Someone had said it was supposed to be the best thing compared to Rice's books so I was guessing perhaps it might be good.
    I wouldn't mind the chapters being short as long as the book is interesting. The day I got the first Vampire Diaries book I read it nonstop (which is very unusual for me) because I really got into it. I prefer books that aren't boring and predictable.

6. Connor22

The Jimmy Coates series is very good, why don't you check them out?

7. Sesshomaru

Never heard of the Jimmy Coates series before. I'll look around online for some reviews for it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone but is there anyone at all that's read the Maximum Ride series or even a single book from it and thinks it's a good book?

8. RainbowJay

I read the first two books. It was an interesting concept, but I think it could've been done better. However, they are young adult books, so I shouldn't expect much from some of them.

They're a quick read, but when I tried reading the third book, I got tired of the whole shebang and put it down >_>

9. bouncingsouls

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    The author had a great idea. Thing is, all the books have the same plot and the sound like a ten year old wrote them. Quite a smart ten year old, but still...

10. Sesshomaru

I know this might sound a little dumb, but what did you mean by the "shebang" thing Jay? Is it like a catch phrase or something?
    Also by short, was that implying like under 200 pages?