1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J.K. Rowling says new book is not far off!!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Emberstone

http://movies.rediff.com/report/2010/apr/06/harry-potter-and-the-president.htm

It seems that finally, after a few years of waiting, we won't have to wait a long time to see if she can do it again, and write a new story that can capture the imagination of readers all over. Apperently, she is still working on it, and is enjoying the luxery of not having to publish. we also can expect a new book from her in "the not too distant future", so it seems we might be hearing about that in the next year or so.

I cant wait to see what else her imagination has in store for readers.

2. Shevanel

She's the world's richest author and she's only written the Harry Potter books... That's saddening.

3. Emberstone

well, she had a story to tell that readers of all walks of life enjoyed. Can't fault her for being popular by writing a story that is engaging to most readers.

But this new book, whatever it is will be her test. was harry potter a fluke for her, or is she capable of doing it once more? That will be interesting to see.

4. RaeofLite

I wonder if she's nervous if it'll live up to or get close to the hype that Harry Potter inspired. If it doesn't, I'm sure many people will be disappointed.

Nonetheless, I'll likely end up reading it anyway. :slight_smile:

5. Emberstone

I have heard her say that she holds no belief that anything she writes and publishes will ever be anywhere close to what harry potter was.

6. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love the Harry Potter books. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I honestly find her to be a pretty good author too. I'll more likely than not end up reading whatever her knew book is, so I'm pretty excited about it. It makes me happy to hear she's getting back into writing again.

7. Shevanel

She's probably gonna fall into the same kinda trap that Paul Sheldon does in Misery. (not an Annie Wilkes type situation xD (hopefully not xD) but like not being able to move on from the Misery series sorta thing)

8. Brad

The book will be seen as a miserable failure. I'm not saying the book will be bad at all however after Harry Potter there is nothing that she could write that would gain the same hype and therefore in comparison would seem like a failure.

9. nickmc

Exactly Brad. I can't imagine any new book of hers will be able to live up to the Harry Potter series...

But even if the critics slam it and people aren't that impressed, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up selling millions of copies. Like those above and myself, people will want to read it, just to see what else J.K. Rowling is capable of

10. Porphyrogenitus

idk... too many authors after they get successful just seem to go for churning out endless books of questionable quality in an effort to make more money. Stopping after a magnum opus would actually be a refreshing change.

11. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    wel making a book thats better then the 7th HP book should be easy.

id like to see another type of wizarding story happening maybe at the same time in another place or something like that. that has like almost no connection to the HP books plot wise

12. Lychee

Only the Harry Potter books?!?!?!?!

The Harry Potter books are the best thing in the world! :grin:

13. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    After a series like Harry Potter she's bound to lose some fans whatever she writes next. If it's a lot like Harry Poter, some people are going to shout that she's just rehashing past success. If she goes in a totally different way, people expecting the "new Potter" will be disappointed.

But here's hoping it will be an enjoyable read all the same!

14. Just Adam

dont worry potter fans give it a few years and there will be more potter, and she will make a mint,

as for this new book , i know its asking too much for a sage intended for grownups.

15. Gaetan

I had heard at one point she was going to publish it with a Pseudonym so that it can truly withstand scrutiny without being compared to Harry Potter.

Either way, I'll likely give it an honest try.

16. JCB89

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I read aaaages ago that the next series would be for younger children - no "sage [saga? lol] for adults" for a while perhaps! Harry Potter is one of my guiltiest pleasures. I am asure that in 50 years people will be writing Ph.D.s on it. :slight_smile:

17. Emberstone

The only story i know she was writing was a stand alone book for younger children, that she described as a political fairytale.

Honestly, if we go hans christian anderson, Order of the Phoenix had elements of a political fairytale already.

I have no idea if that is what she intends to publish next, but she did say a few years back and she was writing two things, and it was a matter of what takes over.

18. pirateninja

Whatever she writes, she can never be a worse author than Stephanie Meyer :lol:

19. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh good. Obviously Harry Potter's a lot to live up to, but i'm looking forward to seeing what she comes up with.

20. Emberstone

A dirty diaper is a better writer than Stephenie Meyer... thats a given.

I think she has proven herself capable of telling complicated, but engaging stories. It really comes down to if she has used all her good ideas.