1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archie comix

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by egnvectr, Apr 25, 2010.

1. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's a nice idea, but who is this guy gonna moon over? Nobody else at Riverdale is gay. Who will they show him staring at, hearts for eyes? Huh? HUH?!! :slight_smile:

I figure he can hook up with Jughead, since he was perpetually single...

Lex

3. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

I think they said they'll eventually introduce someone for him. :slight_smile:

Anyway that's fairly realistic isn't it, not knowing any other gay people in high school. Maybe there'll be some coming outs in riverdale induced by his example.

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really?!?!?! I always loved Archie comics as a kid. It's great to see that they're keeping current by adding a gay character.

5. Grottodude

A transsexual or transgendered character would be nice too. Even though Archie stories are silly and plain, it has, in the past, been a great tool for educating children about people.

6. fragomatrick

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    they should have done it way back! i have around 430 archie comics! i stopped collecting them when i was 15..... now i will have to begin collecting them again !

7. As long as it doesn't define him and become a gimmick, I'm happy about it. It's nice to see some real diversity in the media these days. I only hope that they won't milk it for sales.

8. egnvectr

egnvectr Guest

I doubt they'll get more sales out of it, there are so many people who will stop buying it when they hear of this. Though maybe in the long term the homophobes will forget and start buying it again