1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rank the Big Four grunge bands!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Apr 25, 2010.

1. BTW, I don't think that grunge is really a genre. It's more of a movement. I'd rank them like this:

Alice in Chains (maybe my favourite band ever)
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden

Pearl Jam (meh, I don't care for 'em at all.

2. Apocalypte

Nirvana / AIC (would rank them pretty much equally)
    Soundgarden
    Pearl Jam

3. Shevanel

This is difficult. xD

Alice in Chains
    Pearl Jam / Soundgarden
    Nirvana

Nirvana being on the bottom doesn't mean I dislike them, I love them quite a lot.
    I also really love Pearl Jam for a number of reasons, but seeing them live 2 years ago is a big one, they were really freakin amazing. (I almost saw Post-Layne AIC that same summer I think, but I didn't get to go)

4. Gutterslut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Pearl Jam
    Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    Nirvana

Never really cared for Nirvana and, at the risk of having my head bitten off, I think most of their popularity came from the fact that Kurt Cobain killed himself and not their actual talent. Just my opinion, please don't hunt me down and kill me.

5. Kurt's death definitely made them more popular, I will not deny that. Although I believe he was murdered, his death still made him turn into a God overnight. Keep in mind, though, that they were on top of the world before his death. A lot of their modern popularity is because they had so much damn potential. Still, some people take Kurt a little TOO seriously. I have two posters of him, his journals, biographies, t-shirts, all the albums, and a bunch of merchandise. I think he was one of the greatest music geniuses of all time, but I do not idolize him. He wouldn't have wanted it and he was a pretty bad role model (heroin and all that jazz). I just love him for the tunes and his eccentric charisma (LOL, that made no sense). :slight_smile:

6. R3illy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nirvana
    Soundgarden
    Alice in Chains
    Pearl Jam

Nirvana's music has definitely stood the test of time. A big part of that is Kurt's untimely death though. They never entered the slow fade to irrelevancy portion of their career like Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam. Also, we can't overlook Dave and Kris's contributions to the band--it wasn't all Kurt!

7. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Nirvana
    Alice In Chains
    Pearl Jam/Soundgarden

'Black Hole Sun' is one of my all time favourite songs, as is 'Alive', I just prefer Nirvana and AIC =]

8. wherewulfe

Nirvana
    stone temple pilots
    deftones
    alice in chains

it saddens me that im the first to mention stp....

9. Shevanel

I was under the impression that we were to use the bands listed in the OP xD

STP is amazing though, I saw them the same Summer I saw Pearl Jam I think. They were ridiculously great live. The Reunion Tour.