1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could play any instrument...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Nialla, May 2, 2010.

1. Nialla

Nialla Guest

Okay, so essentially I've owned my Peavey Raptor guitar since I was 12, but I've only just - in these past two months - that I've started to properly practice. I've also been trying out some singing exercises to make it so that if I fancy harping along to a tune I won't make anyone's ears bleed. -Shifty eyes-

So, here's my question. If you could play /any/ instrument (e.g. be near perfect at it), which one would you choose? And if you do already play an instrument, why did you choose that one? :slight_smile:

Personally, I love the guitar, but if I could play anything at the snap of my fingers, it'd have to be a violin.

2. Connor22

Lambeg drum lol I'm gonna get stick for that

3. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I'd really like to play the piano. Pianos are awesome

4. Chandra

I'd love to be able to play the drums. Unfortunately, my muscles sort of seize up when I try to drum too fast. I have the same problem trying to shimmy when bellydancing, actually.

5. RaRa

Drums or guitar. Probably drums cause I find people who can play drums totally hot. =p

6. Nialla

Nialla Guest

Three people wanting to play drums and one for the piano. Where's the love for the string instruments gone? -Chuckles-

Another one of my regrets is never learning how to read music. It's a little irritating at times to be stuck with tab.

7. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I play the drums, mostly because I got so good at playing the drums in Rock Band that I decided I may as well make something out of it. If the transition from plastic guitar to real guitar were as easy as the transition from plastic drums to real drums, I'd probably be playing guitar instead. But alas, it is not.

8. Zumbro

I'm a trombonist, and I love it. I just picked it up naturally, as most musicians do. I can't play guitar or anything else really, but I love my trombone! :grin:

I would love to be able to play French Horn well though. It is usually looked over as a good instrument, but it is incredibly difficult to play well, and sounds amazing when played correctly.

9. kettleoffish

I'm already pretty accomplished at trumpet, and acceptable at drums, but I'd like to be better at keyboards, and I want to learn guitar. I don't have enough time to seriously practise four instruments though.

10. partietraumatic

i play guitar and am pretty good at it. But id love to be able to play the piano, guitar is amazing, but it can't play a good ballad like a piano can.

11. AlyssWonderland

I sing, play piano, and I used to play flute. I'd probably choose just about every other instrument, I love music. :]

12. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. Windmills

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Viola--I played it through middle and high school and even took private lessons for a few years, but I never got very good at it even with quite a bit of practice, mainly due to a lack of rhythm and coordination...
    But I still love the viola--most people overlook it for the violin, but the viola has a much richer tone and I like its range better

14. littledinosaurs

I can play flute & piccolo. I know some Piano, but that's the instrument that I would love to be able to master. Hopefully this summer & next year I'll be able to practise more.

15. remow49

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm in the process of learning the guitar. I LOVE it. I'm still horrible though. I would love to play the piano, violin, and bagpipe :slight_smile: Oh, and ukulele and banjo. :slight_smile:

16. Aiken

I wish I didn't stop my guitar lesson but I absolutely want to be pro in piano. Sadly, I suck.

17. MusicIsLife

Hands down, the bagpipes. I've always wanted to learn, but everyone tells me its sewwww hard so I never did it. :/ I will...someday.

18. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I already play viola. I also play piano, but I suck at it, so my first wish would be to be amazing at it. And then to be better at viola as well. I also want to buy and learn how to play erhu.

19. Geradeth

I play piano and flute and love them both! If I ever wanted to learn a third though I'd like to try oboe. I mostly play classical stuff usually, but when I get the chance, jazz flute is the coolest/funnest ever!

20. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    Jazz flute *shudders*. Don't want to sound mean here but I've heard some pretty cheesy, horrible jazz flute in my day.