1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live Shows and Gigs

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cpt doodles, May 12, 2010.

1. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hey guys n gals!! I saw fuckin METALLICA the other night!!!!!!! Zomg it was so AWESOME!!!

so i was wonderin what shows have you been to??

what shows are you going to??

Whats the best live show you've seen??

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Which have I seen? WAY too many to count. I'll just list some favorites:

* Herbie Hancock & the Headhunters in 2002 (or so). Front row center. Herbie came back out and chatted with me after the gig. I was in heaven - I'd been trying to catch him live for over fifteen years at that point. :slight_smile:

* Prince at McNichols Arena, 1986. Despite sound problems, I learned what a great show looked like.

* Gary Numan, Fox Theater, 2000. Another "been trying to see this guy live for over a decade" show, and he didn't disappoint.

* The Fray, Red Rocks, 2006. I was backstage, and got to watch 10,000 fans sing "How to Save a Life" back to the band. The band, one by one, stopped playing...walked to the front of the stage...and just stood there listening. They were all crying.

* Westword Music Showcase, 2009. Something like 100 bands playing small venues all within a few block radius of each other. I caught 22 of them. I want to catch at least that many this summer.

Lex

3. Shevanel

Not enough sadly. But I'll list them as much as I can remember them. Forget about years though xD

1997-99? Fastball, Sugar Ray, Goo Goo Dolls. It was my first concert ever at Jones Beach Theater in the pouring rain. It was an awesome show, I remember that much. Goo Goo Dolls were promoting the just released Dizzy Up The Girl xD

Next was probably Britney Spears at Nassau Coliseum which was right at the point where Britney was turning really whorish. 2001-2002 maybe? Whatever album that had her cover of I Love RocknRoll on it (Which is a horrible cover, but her performance of it, albeit lipsynced, as most of the show was, was really awesome xD) was the album she was promoting for that tour. I don't remember any opening acts though.

I want to say my next concert was in 2004. The Raconteurs opening for Bob Dylan at Nassau Coliseum. THIS was fucking amazing. I mean, first off, its fuckin Bob Dylan. It's amazing that I got to see him. xD His performance honestly wasn't too amazing, and he like wasn't interactive with the audience AT ALL, i mean he didn't even face us when look up at the audience at all. it was kinda ridiculous. The Raconteurs were honestly much more enjoyable. They were really really good. Jack White is kinda awesome =P

I think next would be Stray Cats, The Pretenders, and ZZ Top at Jones Beach Theater. that was probably 2 years after Bob Dylan. Stray Cats (Brian Setzer is amazing) and The Pretenders were good, but for some reason the volume wasn't too loud. So that was kinda a let down. But ZZ Top was fucking amazing. It was like perfect. My only disappointment was that they had no strippers in cages like they usually do xD

Either the summer after that, or the 2nd summer after that, was Pearl Jam at Madison Square Garden. (I can't even remember the opening act, they weren't too exciting though xD) THIS WAS FUCKING AMAZING. Possibly the best show I have seen so far. It was a great set list, even though it was missing my favorite song "Black". but holy fuck. It was great. They did their cover of the Who song "Love Reign O'er Me" which was amazing, and then they also did a cover of All Along the Watchtower which was my 2nd time I've heard that song performed live xD (First Bob Dylan, obviously)

I think the last concert I saw was Stone Temple Pilots later that same summer. Jones Beach Theater again. Also freakin amazing. It was their reunion tour and it was perfect. All their great songs (I guess they don't really have TOO many, but it was still perfect. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club opened, and they were pretty decent.

I have this bad feeling I'm missing someone important. But I can't remember for the life of me. Hopefully I'll get to see Tool and Rush this summer though. That would be absolutely amazing. Roger Waters performing The Wall too. Fuck. xD

4. partietraumatic

ive seen Metallica live too, they were pretty gooood.

Ive seen alot of bands live luckily for me :slight_smile:

Arctic Monkeys,The Killers, Bloc Party are all amazing live.

Vampire weekend and white lies are also amazing

Ahh ive seen so few bands i havn't liked, its difficult to narrow down lol

either way im lucky to have seen alot of the people i have :slight_smile:

5. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I have seen Rush and KISS about a week ago and I might be seeing AC/DC soon as well.

6. thevre

Favorites...

Projekt Revolution 2007 (MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, Linkin Park, Taking Back Sunday, Mindless Self Indulgence, HIM, and more all in one shot... one hot, sweaty, day in August... was freakin' awesome.)

No Doubt 2009 (Love No Doubt... but honestly who doesn't. And I saw them three times that summer.)

AFI 2009 (only time seeing AFI... yet. Seeing them in a couple months w/ Green Day though. :grin:)

7. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    None

None

None!

I'm boring, yes.

8. Apocalypte

Hmm... from the top:

Robbie Williams - 1997 and 1999 (what can I say... my friends wanted to go)

Damien Rice - 2001 and 2002 (better live than on CD, Lisa Hannigan, his then-backing vocalist, was hot)

Metallica - 2003, 2004, 2006 (one of my favourites to see live, I always have a good time)

Slipknot - 2004 (supporting Metallica, wish they'd had a headlining show. Awesome live.)

Ani diFranco - 2007 (Lesbians. Everywhere. It was awesome :grin: )

Apocalyptica - 2007 (Very surreal, but seriously one of the best gigs I've ever been to)

Nightwish - 2008 (Got very drunk at this, can't remember much of the 2nd half of the show. Anette Olzon is crazy hot)

Sonata Arctica - 2008 (Another one of my favourites, tiny venue and they were absolutely savage live)

Dragonforce - 2008 (Terrible, the support band Turisas were much better. Particularly when they played Rasputin :grin:)

Lordi - 2009 (Tiny venue, tons of indoor fireworks. This was great fun, particularly when they set off the fire alarms during Hard Rock Hallelujah)

Opeth - 2009 (Gutted that this wasn't a ProgNation gig, but still pretty good.)

Iron Maiden - 30 July 2010 \m/ (^_^) \m/

9. Joe622

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First concert I ever went to was Yanni with my grandparents in 1996 at the then First Union Center in Philadelphia. :lol:

-The Killers at the Tweeter Center in Camden, NJ sometime in '07.

I've seen Rush four times.. once in Scranton, PA, once at MSG in NYC, once in Hershey, PA, and once in Toronto. All of those shows were unbelievable!

I saw Justice at the Electric Factory in Philly in '07.. probably the most I've ever danced in one night, and honestly probably the best concert I've ever been to!

-Jimmy Buffett at an Obama rally in Tampa, FL in '08.. I'm not a Buffett fan so I didn't particularly enjoy it all that much.

-The Decemberists at Radio City Music Hall last June, which was an ok show.

-Fleet Foxes at the Electric Factory in Philly in August, VERY good show.

-Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck at MSG in February, kinda sucked.

10. GhostDog

Jeeeealous. SO JEALOUS. I love them!

I'm relatively new to this whole "concert-goin'" thing. My first concert was just over a year ago, actually. >.> Well, I take that back, I did see Maynard Ferguson perform at a local high school with his band a few years back (WHICH WAS FRICKIN' AMAZING), but going to that was my dad's idea. =)

- The first concert I ever said "OMG CONCERT I AM GOING" and went to was Amanda Palmer in Houston last march. It is the only time piano has ever rattled my lungs and it was amazing to see how much passion she put into her performance.

- After that, I saw P!nk in concert and it. was. EPIC. It was after she'd injured her shoulder at the VMAs, so she didn't do the acrobatics for "Sober", but she did everything else and, dude. The woman can dance and sing in high heels. And it was obvious she was having a great time. <3

- Thennn I saw Zoe Boekbinder play in a teensy little cafe in Dallas, and she was very good and utterly delightful! The venue wasn't the greatest but hey.

- Then, this last February, I saw Tegan and Sara one and a half times. One in Dallas, where my best friend had too much to drink on an empty stomach and started hurling halfway through their performance. The next in Houston, because I was like, dammit, I am seeing them all the way through. And it was awesome! They were really good, and also incredibly charming. I took pictures! Also, unsurprisingly, it was like 90% lesbians. S-so many mullets and fauxhawks, you guys.

- And then I saw THE FLAMING LIPS IN A FREE CONCERT. IN DENTON. I think "mindblowingly awesome" is not putting it too lightly.

AND NEXT I AM SEEING IMOGEN HEAP IN JUNE AND OH MY GOD I AM SO EXCITED. SO SO SO EXCITED. I AM SURE IT WILL BE AMAZING BECAUSE IMOGEN HEAP IS AMAZING.

11. SlickyPants

I'm going to see a few shows this summer and spring... By far the best concert I've been to was Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon tour. Everything about it was really well done. It goes without saying that the music was brilliant. Details like the projected background really brought the show to life. Flying astronauts (I think?!), pigs and a giant prism that shone a colourful rainbow around the arena. Even the surround sound having cash registers and coins clinking all around you during money or crazy laughter surrounding you during Brain Damage sucked you right in.

I really can't wait for his upcoming tour Joey mentioned... The Wall in its entirety. The ticket has been purchased, the days have been booked off from work. All that's left is to secure a rental vehicle and make sure I have the appropriate documents for crossing the border and I'm ready to go!

12. MusicIsLife

HA HA HA HA HA. This is going to be a very long list.

-Backstreet Boys (STFU, I was six)~ Bell Centre, Montréal

-Evanescence W/ Finger Eleven and Seether ~ Bell Centre, Montréal

-Kalan Porter W/ some chick singer ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-The All American Rejects W/ Hellogoodbye and Armor For Sleep ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Warped Tour 2005 where I saw: Senses Fail, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Atreyu and heard Hawthorne Heights ~ Hippodrome De Montréal, Montréal

-Nintendo Fusion Tour Featuring Fall Out Boy W/ Panic! At The Disco, Boys Night Out, Motion City Soundtrack and The Starting Line ~ Métropolis, Montréal

-My Chemical Romance W/ Circa Survive and Thrice ~ Stade Uniprix, Montréal

-The All American Rejects W/ The Meligrove Band and Moneen ~ Spectrum de Montréal, Montréal

-Fall Out Boy W/ From First To Last and The All-American Rejects ~ Stade Uniprix, Montréal

-Alkaline Trio W/ The Black Maria and The Lawrence Arms ~ Spectrum de Montréal, Montréal

-Panic! At The Disco W/ The Dresden Dolls ~ Métropolis, Montréal

-Brand New W/ Color Revolt ~ Le Nationale, Montréal

-Atreyu W/ Chiodos and Every Time I Die ~ Métropolis, Montréal

-Silverstein W/ I Killed The Prom Queen, I Am The Avalanche, The Sleeping and A Wilhelm Scream ~ Le Nationale, Montréal

-Taste Of Chaos W/ Delson Drive, Evaline, Chiodos, Aiden, Saosin, Senses Fail, 30 Seconds To Mars and The Used ~ Stade Uniprix, Montréal

-Taking Back Sunday W/ Armor For Sleep and UnderOath ~ Olympia de Montréal, Montréal

-Hellogoodbye W/ The Hush Sound and Boys Like Girls ~ Spectrum de Montréal, Montréal

-My Chemical Romance W/ The Bled ~ Centre Bell, Montréal

-My Chemical Romance W/ The Bled ~ Scotiabank Place, Ottawa

-Brand New W/ Colour Revolt and Anathallo ~ Spectrum de Montréal, Montréal

-Brand New W/ Colour Revolt and Anathallo ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Fall Out Boy W/ Cobra Starship, Paul Wall, The Academy Is... and +44 ~ Bell Centre, Montréal

-Rise Against W/ 2 Cents, Comeback Kid and Silverstein ~ Olympia de Montréal, Montréal

- Deftones W/ Die Mannequin and From First To Last ~ Spectrum de Montréal, Montréal

-Vans Warped Tour 2007 where I saw: Drop Dead, Gorgeous, Blessthefall, Envy On The Coast, Chiodos, Cute Is What We Aim For, The Vincent Black Shadow, The Almost, Hawthorne Heights, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, New Found Glory, Paramore, Flogging Molly, The Starting Line and Bad Religion ~ Parc Jean Drapeau, Montréal

-O.A.R W/ illScarlett ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-The Smashing Pumpkins @ Osheaga ~ Parc Jean Drapeau, Montréal

-Delsondrive W/ Hellodangerous, Maybe Next Year, This Is Gravity and Edplode And Rebuild ~ L'inco, Montréal

-The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus W/ Monty Are I, New Year's Day and Amber Pacific ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Drop Dead, Gorgeous W/ Idiot Pilot, Alesana and The Number Twelve Looks Like You ~ Le National, Montréal

-Boys Like Girls W/ Valencia, The Audition and All Time Low ~ Le National, Montréal

-Chiodos W/ The Devil Wears Prada, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Emery ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Paramore W/ Bad Flirt ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Cobra Starsip W/ The Cab, We The Kings and Metro Station ~ Studio Juste Pour Rire, Montréal

-Silverstein W/ The Devil Wears Prada, illScarlett and Protest The Hero ~ Club Soda, Montréal

-Chiodos W/ Light, From First To Last and Protest The Hero ~ Métropolis, Montréal

Warped Tour where I saw: The Academy Is, Gym Class Heroes, Cobra Starship, Pennywise, Alesana, Every Time I Die, The Bronx, Story of The Year, From First To Last, The Higher, We The Kings, The Audition and The Pink Spiders

Bullet For My Valentine W/ Cancer Bats and Bleeding Through ~ Métropolis, Montréal

Paramore W/ Paper Route, Phantom Planet and Jack's Mannequin ~ Métropolis, Montréal

Avenged Sevenfold W/ Blind...something. and Shadows Fall ~ Metropolis, Montreal

Hedley At the NHL All Star Weekend ~ Crescent St, Montreal

We The Kings W/ Hey Monday and Breathe Carolina ~ La Tulipe, Montreal

Bleeding Through W/ two local bands, As Blood Runs Black, and The Acacia Strain ~ La Tulipe, Montreal

Rockstar Taste of Chaos 2009 ~ Metropolis, Montreal

The All American Rejects W/ ...I dont remember who the opening band was ~ Club Soda, Montreal

Bamboozle Festival ~ East Rutherford, NJ, USA

Fall Out Boy W/ Hey Monday, Cobra Starship, All Time Low & Metro Station ~ Metropolis, Montreal

The Agonist and a bunch of other local bands ~ Underworld, Montreal

Vans Warped Tour 2009 ~ Parc Jean Drapeau, Montreal

Flogging Molly W/ I dont remember who ~ Metropolis, Montreal

Brand New ~ Olympia De Montreal, Montreal

Billy Talent W/ Cancer Bats, Against Me! & Alexisonfire ~ Bell Centre, Montreal

Cobra Starship & 3OH!3 w/ I Fight Dragons & Travie McCoy ~ Sound Academy, Toronto, ON.

Upcoming Shows: Vans Warped Tour 2010 & Heavy MTL. :grin:

I like concerts xP

13. Joe622

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just bought a ticket to see them in Atlantic City in July! I'm so excited.. all I've heard is great things about their live show.

14. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    iv also seen
    My chemical romance w/ lost alone (the black parade tour, THAT was something else i have to say)
    My chemical romance w/ Mindless self indulgence (both bands were incredible!!)
    Green Day w/ Prima Donna i waited my whole life to see em live, then i saw em for two and half hours straight!!! they were truly awesome =]

PS the support at the 'tallica gig was High on fire and Volbeat, Volbeat were incredibly good but high on fire suffered cause of poor sound, still good though =]

15. mingimarsdottir

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I saw Avril Lavigne (twice) way back in the day when she was so popular, haha.
    Then recently Tegan and Sara and La Roux (both soooo amazing!!)
    This weekend I am going to see Diane Birch, which I am very excited about :slight_smile:

16. kettleoffish

- Joe Satriani with Paul Gilbert support - Glasgow GRCH, 2008

- Slipknot, with Machine Head and Children of Bodom - Glasgow SECC, 2008

- The Mighty Boosh \m/ - Glasgow SECC, 2009

- Download Festival 2009 - lineup

- Porcupine Tree - Glasgow o2ABC, 2009

and I've got tickets for this year's Download festival as well, it was amazing last year.

17. I was at this show ^_^ <3333

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahkBxG-z2SE&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]

"Deck the halls...its you again...its you again..."

#17 RiotPoofBrandon, May 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2010
  18. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

Hmm I've seen, and I'm fairly sure I'll leave someone out despite not having seen that much......

Less Then Jake
    The Used
    Snoop Dogg
    Korn
    Linkin Park
    Slipknot
    [At Bamboozle]
    [The White Tie Affair (Only saw the last song of their set which happened to be a cover of Just Dance :slight_smile:)
    Mercy Mercedes
    Bo Burnham
    Rise Against
    Sum 41
    Hit The Lights
    No Doubt]
    Semi Precious Weapons
    Jason Derülo (Avoid live Jason Derülo shows at all costs)
    Lady GaGa (The most amazing concert ever!)

19. Jamie

Drammen, Norway (from England originally).
    I have to say I am quite fortunate in that the company I work for deals with payment solutions for the music festival and concert industry - this means that for three months of every year I do nothing but go from music festival to concert and vice versa.

So after seeing hundreds of people and groups I have to say that my two most favourite experiences have to have been The Killers and Coldplay!!! Without a doubt! Although I'm going to be seeing Muse a couple of times this summer so will have to keep you all posted.