1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heroes: Cancelled

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lady Gaga, May 15, 2010.

1. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100514/media_nm/us_nbc

I don't know..if they would have just advertised the last season better this probably wouldn't be happening. I know tons of people who had no idea season 4 was on until the season finale because they really only advertised the finale.

Heroes fans, what do you think?

2. partietraumatic

Re: Heroes: Cancled

Loved season 1. However this doesn't surprise me. I continued to watch all the following seasons, but they have got worse and worse. I don't know if i'd have bothered watching the next season anyway.

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

yeah season 1 blew me away, but the show has just sucked since then

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

Not really a big fan of this show, but it's a shame it's ending without a proper finale.

5. mattypants

i tried to watch with the carnival part... but it ties in to nothing at all with the first season.

went from total fan to ignoring the show. so, im not too bummed about the cancellation.

6. Étoile

The first two seasons were great. The third season was good, but the fourth one was lackluster. The carnival thing didn't hold my interest at all. I stopped watching after the first 5 episodes.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I also think the first two season were fantastic, but the show declined rapidly.

I also believe that Claire magically becoming a lesbian was just a ploy for views.

8. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I am ECSTATIC it's finally been cancelled. I really (really!) loved it in Season 1 (mainly in the first half) but it went downhill faster than any show I've ever watched (and I've watched a lot of shows).

I think most of the problems in the show boil down to two things: incosistent characterization (including inconsistent characterization of people's powers--remember when Claire's blood could heal anyone? And Peter used to be able to have multiple powers) and the show's obsession with Sylar. I like Zachary Quinto but honestly, I would love to know who he was fucking on that show that kept that character alive for so long. Having an immortal uber-powerful villain is just a bad idea because what's the point in stopping him... he'll just be back later in the season or next season... and he was! Over and over and over again... and if you're going to attempt to redeem a serial killer--well, you can only do that once. You can't keep going back and forth.

But anyway, it needed to be put out of its misery. I don't know why there was even talk of doing another season... you don't quietly end a show in early February if you're planning to bring it back next season.

9. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I also kinda thought they only made Clair gay to try and pull in the gay audience, epic fail.

10. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

And more straight guys.

11. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Ma, that really sucks

I agree with everyone that the first two season were WAY better but I still really liked that show. Maybe its because I'm a huge fan of anything that has "powers" involved haha

Season 4 was all over tha place tho and I hate what they did with all the characters. They were all so weak xD

12. Beachboi92

saw it happening a whole ago the first season was awesome season 2 was pretty good to but it has progressively been going quickly downhill.

13. Corny

Corny Guest

It was about time. Shame they didn't know they cancel it mid-season so they could have had a better ending.

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I enjoyed Season 1, and while people were leaving the fan base, I still watched Seasons 2 and 3. But I dunno, when Season 4 came along...I just lost touch. I missed like....10 of the season's episodes because I went out to the nearby campus pub after my Monday classes because I just had lost my happiness with the series. I mean sure it would of been an interesting season 5 after Claire jumped. But I had a feeling I just wouldn't have paid attention.

15. littledinosaurs

Awe :frowning2:
    Well this kind of stinks. I mean granted, the show hadn't gotten better, but it was moderately interesting.

As for Claire turning gay/bi, I remember reading that her best friend from season 1 (Zach, I think) was supposed to be gay in the show and have a bigger role, but his agent didn't think it would be good for his career, especially since he got a pretty good role on a fox show, so they nixed it. So I don't really think that it was entirely a ploy to get more viewers.

16. AnneChaos

AnneChaos Guest

I loved the first season and the second, then I just got too bored xD The stories and characters changed to much, I started to lose the interest...

So, for me it doesn't make any diference...

17. totallyfierce

Good!!

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Yeah that pissed me off. I loved Zach, and he was so cute and I loved that he was going to be gay but when they changed it I was like I EFFING HATE HIS AGENT. Luckily didn't hate the show, they were the ones who were pushing it in that direction, that made me happy.

19. KnightAssassin

i enjoyed it til the end but begining was better than end

20. mattypants

#20 mattypants, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010