1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doctor Who <3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ben, May 19, 2010.

1. Ben

Ben

I felt the urge to create a thread on something non-American.
    And Doctor Who is intense. And I know of one or two Americans here who watch it.

So whatchathinking? Do you all love the delicious new Doctor?

2. Connor22

I think I have fallen in love with TV again and the weeping angels? EPIC!

3. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    mmm Dr. Who...

I do think David Tennant did a BETTER job than Matt Smith, but in all fairness, Tennant did get 3 whole seasons, while Matt is just starting. Who thinks Captian Jack Harkness will make a return for this new one? (I'd love it personally, but it's way unlikely to happen)

4. Just Adam

im thinking another emotional useless assistant who dont help. shes from the martha jones school of assistants. martha always looks like she needs a wee and this one looks like shes sulking cos the dr wont shag her >.>

im thinking matt smith isnt a great dr, hes got a few good moves mannerism but..... hes borrowed alot from tennant even down to the movement of screwdrivers XD ... but... he lacks emotional response he feels bland and flat as a character.

moffat the guy now running the show is sadly missing the plot. hes refusing to bring back old companions trying to be all its mine now my way but we need donna. wilf and most of all cap, jack... most scene companion yet still most unknown... hes the only true equal to the dr and he solidify's the dr as the dr... smith needs to meet him again.

cap.jack rules <3

all in all the episodes have been average apart from weeping angels ...imperial daleks look good, river is welcome return.... but so far episodes have been better than the dr himself :frowning2:

----------

tennants first episode was shakey the christmas invasion... as he was fuinding his dr.. by second episode new x15 earth he was great and he just got better... the final episode end of time i thought when he survived it had been a trick he wasent leaving i was so happy but then it went horribly wrong and that regeneration was a performance of a life tiome... his soorrow was amaizing long live my dr the time lord victorious <3

as for jack moffat said old characters wouldent come back...but we have had 3 river, dalek, angel and cybermen soon... but i dont know about jack....

he is wats needed for next series which is filming now... as hes the only proper companion for the dr ... as he can lose everyone else.

problwem is moffat i think knows john barrowman is an extra ordinary character in himself with a demanding presence and matt smith will get buried under cap jack and smith is suppost to be the star... tennant and eccleston could keep pace and barroman and them played off each other well...

i think the problem partly would be a kiddy dr a) good jack banter on age and vanity b) but the dr wouldent be convincing trying to be authoritative against jack.

hmm but smith will be appearing in sarah jane adventures... so it shows moffats thinking as sarah jane aint that commanding a presence...

also anyone else not like the new tardis????? it far to childish... i was expecting clean high tech modern...not meh.. and wat is it with the pool in the tardis crap...id rather just see a massive library or science lab lol..

5. Ben

Ben

Omg I love Matt Smith. I want to marry him he's that awesome.

I wasn't so keen on the last show though. It was a bit mehhhhish~. The weeping angels were extra sexy but there were a billion continuity errors from the last time they showed up.

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Just watch it for the eye candy. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: <3 Matt Smith :grin:

7. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I got put off Doctor who after the cyberman conversion machine was shown (I practical pissed myself and could not get to sleep) although Matt could be the one to bring me back coz he is funny "beans are evil". but he has alot to live up to.

8. mattypants

american Whovian present xD
    so far i think the new doctor is ok. have to say im not fond of his hair too much :lol:

i could have sworn there was an older doctor thread around here :confused:

9. Zumbro

I actually love the new series. Smith is doing a great job continuing the persona of Tennant (it is just the appearance that is supposed to change afterall. The Doctor is still himself). He's a bit too young to appear commanding though, which could be annoying if he ever really needs to be.

I love the continuing storyline though. The cracks in time, following him everywhere. It's a bit different than in previous, because we have no idea what's going on. I am worried that they're using too many large plots too soon though. The Daleks, the angels, and apparently the cybermen are coming too. What are they going to do next season?

Speaking of the Daleks though, I actually hate them. I mean really, rainbow Daleks? It's like looking at the robot power rangers...

10. Ben

Ben

I couldn't find any bump-appropriate threads. There were a couple of epic old ones with barely any replies and one which was specific to an episode in 2009~.

I guess it's difficult to start a new series with a new Doctor and a new companion without it all feeling a bit alien.
    The next one looks snazzy with the lizards and everything~

11. partietraumatic

i wasn't sure at first, but now i think Matt Smith already is, and is going to be, a great Doctor. I think Amy is a really good assistant. She's already possibly my favourite assistant, and a nice change from Catherine Tate, who i didn't like as the assistant at all.

I've enjoyed all the episodes so far except the Dalek one which i thought was poor. The only thing i don't like about this new season is the character of Rory! I find him boring and uninteresting, i just want him to leave and get out of the way lol

12. Just Adam

actually tennants doctor says its like hes gone hes dead its a whole new person in his body thats why hes so scared and tortured at the idea of regenerating as hes gone ...its another man in his body... :frowning2:

13. kettleoffish

I love Dr. Who. I was having a debate with my superviser at work actually about whether Tennant or Smith is hotter :lol: I'd say Tennant, he thought Smith.

14. British Lad

British Lad Guest

Go Go Power Daleks

15. Just Adam

Tennant is hot ...enough said...when he and barrowman got together on screem...hmm a tardis 3sum was a fantasy haha

they are a hark back to the first Dr who movie, and the daleks invasion of earth movie...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalek_variants

16. stratavos

"it's EXTERMINATE-ing time! EXTERMINATE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

17. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Dalek Knitting club: 'Knit 8, Pearl 8 EXTERMINATE!.'

18. RainbowJay

David Tennant's doctor was getting a bit too dramatic and blah, it's refreshing to have a new face like Matt Smith :]

I think he's adapting to the role of the doctor quite well. Also, Amy is an adorable and fitting new companion (and I'm not only saying that 'cus I have an attraction to red-heads).

The Angels are definitely the ultimate enemies of the doctor and the most interesting. No more skittles Daleks please :/

Stephen Moffat is full of win, his episodes are usually the best, I'm glad he's gonna be very involved in the show now. :slight_smile:

19. Nialla

Nialla Guest

I prefer the older Dr Who...:/ Although I've got to admit, some of the new stuff is quite cool. I know one of the people who work on the show, and I was /this/ close to getting one of the masks from the season with the clockwork people.

I'm bias though, since my parents named me after a Dr. Who character. >.<

20. stratavos

amy is quite adorable :slight_smile:

but the Daleks are the ultimate enemies of the doctor. Did you forget about the Cult of Scarro, and the creator of the daleks? and the ability to hop through time on some of them...

Other than that, the angels are simply another one of the many enemies. psst, "don't blink" :wink: