1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ke$ha - Yes Her Again

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, May 29, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I realize there is another thread a while back about her, but I have to ask, um....does everyone agree with me that this girl is completely nuts? I mean she broke into Prince's home, her interviews always come off as her being COMPLETELY stoned, and her videos are just.....weird....

I mean take Your Love is My Drug

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR_qa3Ohwls[/YOUTUBE]

Isn't this considered completely messed up? And at the ending? "I like your beard" it's like WTF. And when people say she's the next Gaga or Madonna? It makes me basically fume because this girl has no talent whatsoever. So who cares if she sold the most of Tik Tok than any female artist in the previous 30 years, the thing is her voice is obviously auto-tuned, and she just writes constant dribble. PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one.

Yes I love dancing to both Tik Tok and Blah Blah Blah and Your Love, but I'm sorry the artist and the videos to accompany these songs make me retch.

Please tell me I'm not alone here.

2. x2x2x2x2y2

I'm a fan. I love her music and her style. I don't think she's an artist you can take too seriously though. Like, I enjoy music that really has meaning, but every once in awhile it's nice to listen to something that's simply about partying or something else that's not too important.

As for her videos, I like Blah Blah Blah's video and Tik Tok's video. Not really feeling this one. Oh, and I haven't seen any interviews with her.

P.S. The next Gaga?! Oh please, all Ke$ha would have to do is find some freaky outfit that looks like it was made by a blind person, and she would fit the bill perfectly.

#2 x2x2x2x2y2, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

This.

Although I don't love her, she's not bad.

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

I'll be honest, I love Ke$ha. I don't understand comparisons between her and Lady Gaga though, or how people say she is the next Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga takes her work very seriously and her songs are often metaphorical as well as catchy. With Ke$ha, what you see is what you get; her songs are very surface-level and are about partying and having a good time. And that is what she represents; she is just a girl trying to have a good time and I respect that and I like her music.

5. Eponine

[​IMG]

That's all I have to say.

6. stratavos

oakville(college) and oshawa(hometown) ont, Canada
    I like her, and yes, her songs are very skin deep. what I like about this video is how it jumps into cartoony animations. If it weren't for that, the video wouldn't get my attention at all.

Does anyone else see the resemblance to Jesus Christ that the guy in the song has?

I'm still waiting for "dancing with tears in my eyes" or "animal" to become radio singles... then I'll be genuinely happy with Ke$ha.

#6 stratavos, May 29, 2010
  7. 507bro

I think she digs guys that look like they havn't bathe in days

8. Taurusguy92

The only explanation I can offer for the video is that the cartoonish sequences are hallucinations from either the desert heat or the "drug." But ya I generally enjoy Ke$ha's singles and Take it Off. I like Tik Tok especially though just cuz for once it's not solely about like sex or anything it's just about having a good time and dancing the night away. And in terms of the Gaga comparisons. Ke$ha is a singer... Gaga is an artist. As has already been said Ke$ha's songs r only surface level and she just sings them. Gaga on the other hand has an artistic quality to everything she does. From the lyrics, to the outfits, to the dances just everything is just so unique about her and that's what makes Gaga an artist rather than just a singer

9. littledinosaurs

Let's be real. Drugs are her drug. She's a hotmess, but she does it well.

10. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's just a wannabe.

11. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

You don't like anything do you? lol

12. RaRa

This.

And I actually love her trashy, party image.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

I watched a few interviews on YouTube. She acts the exact way I'd expect her to act. If she was all serious and stuff, then I'd be disappointed.

14. ANightDude

I won't lie, her music has a great beat and rhythm that just makes you want to get up and dance. But then, listen to the lyrics. Complete trash. I honestly hope people aren't influenced by her, because she's a fucking moron. Seriously. To be the next "Madonna" or "GaGa", you need to have actual talent, something that she really doesn't. She's terrible in concert, her songs are auto tuned to an incredible extent, and she doesn't really do much, and comes off as an idiot in any kind of promotion.

Since when does having a song about dancing HAVE to have lyrics about getting drunk and doing drugs. This video pretty much sums it up:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOYMU15bjlA&playnext_from=TL&videos=Frr1XKgkRC4[/youtube]

15. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COXKwVx2rtg[/YOUTUBE] Her being interviewed.

----------

I'm sorry but seriously I don't understand how you can like her :S

Her music? Sure. But her? NO

#15 Revan, May 29, 2010
  16. Shevanel

DAMN YOU! I wanted to post my girlfriend :frowning2:

17. Taurusguy92

for all those Ke$ha haters out there

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5GG2YK5OIQ[/YOUTUBE]

18. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like her...

Especially since she's the polar opposite of what people have considered a "pop star" over the past few years. I think she's cool in her own way, she's being herself which is a welcome change from so many posers in the industry these days.

19. haelmarie

I wasn't a fan when I clicked on this thread, and then I watched that music video, and now I think she's peachy.

20. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't stand her. And not because of her personality or image or whatever, but because her music is really bad.