1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Janelle Monáe

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ultrabluecheese, May 30, 2010.

1. ultrabluecheese

Janelle Monáe - Tightrope
    Album: The ArchAndroid
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwnefUaKCbc[/YOUTUBE]
    What do you guys think? Personally, I've been in love with her since her first album: Metropolis (The Chase Suite).

2. I'm somewhat into her music, which started after I watched her short film for "Many Moons." I thought it was brilliant, but I haven't really listened to much of her older work. Should probably do something about that. Monáe is definitely unique, if you ask me, so hopefully, she gets a higher degree of notoriety in the near future. :slight_smile:

3. Harve

OH YES. Best Soul artist since like.... forever. I've listened to her album 5 times in the last 3 days, one of the best of the year. I've not obsessed over this sort of music for quite a few years. So glad she's getting big now. Janelle Monáe, Solange and Kelis are just about all the good i've found in the genre.

[YOUTUBE]6LzIoqUfOBI[/YOUTUBE]

AMAZING (could have a bit of bias because it's mainly of Montreal, but still)