1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Singing/Performance Thread!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Shevanel, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Shevanel

This thread is like an offshoot of the Handwriting and Voice Thread except instead of posting up clips of you saying and stuff, this thread is Musical! ^_^

If you don't have any program to record or edit an sound file, use Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Post attachments of MP3s or Zipped Files (Keep file sizes small though, like 1 MB or under for MP3s, 2MB or under for Zipped files). If you can't post the file because its in the wrong format, then just zip it and you can post it. Use http://media-convert.com/ to convert files to Mp3 if you want.

Post Mp3s of yourself singing! or Playing an instrument! I think it'd be fun to hear everyone =D

Do not let any revealing information get by that would break the rules! (Like some people's computers automatically add your full name to the artist section of an MP3's information, make sure that's not there.)

And No Youtube links to your own profiles or anything of that sort at all. Just attachments like the other thread.

OH and I think it'd be cool if you told us what equipment you're using to record, both the recording device and the instrument being played =]

I'm going to start with a rather old recording of me playing and singing a bit of She Talks to Angels by the Black Crows. Not that great >_> I'll record again soon!

Attached Files:

2. pirateninja

I think I will die if "Man Babies" doesn't get uploaded :lol:

Except the song I did as a joke aaaaaaaages ago http://emptyclosets.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19168 I highly doubt I will be a part of this discussion, as those of you that have heard me attempt to sing already know I'm rubbish. :grin:

3. Allistair

Allistair Guest

I gotta say that recording is pretty good. Those are some good guitar skills.

4. Shevanel

"The requested file is not found

We are sorry, the file was removed either by its owner
    or due to the complaint received"

:frowning2:

Oh and I guess we could do file hosting sites too? xD

----------

And you're crazy xD It was insanely sloppy guitar.

5. Allistair

Allistair Guest

It wasn't that insanely sloppy, you got skillz! :eusa_clap

6. Ben

Ben

7. Shevanel

How could she? It's only the best song ever <3

8. madeinchina

It took a fucking while to figure out but its finally done :grin:
    God bless Joey and his website
    So yeah recorded with that sound recorder on windows vista
    And yeah its me singing Every Avenues - I Forgive Ok
    I think i sound funny in this meh maybe its just me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Enjoy! :grin:

Be weary its quite loud :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Attached Files:

9. AlyssWonderland

I wish I had a good camera to record myself with. :slight_smile: I don't even know what song I would sing though, there are way to many I love.
    Probably Mika, haha.

10. http://www.sendspace.com/file/1g6c1v

Lemme give you a little rundown of all four songs in there...

I have two versions of a song I am working on called Bloom. I think im going to go with he acoustic guitar, piano, and drum version as opposed to the other. It would be nice if you told me which one you liked better if you decide to give them a listen. It would be really appreciated :slight_smile:

Jennifer C., only one other person knows why that song is called that, I will let him decide if he wants to tell xD

This Torch is a song i've been playing with for a few months. Im still undecided on whether or not I like it. But it has its merits i guess.

All instruments played by me, and when i say instruments, i mean a single Korg M50 keyboard hooked up to a Yamaha Audiogram6 interface which is hooked up to my brothers iMac xD And they were all put together in GarageBand :slight_smile:

#10 RiotPoofBrandon, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
  11. Shevanel

Brandon is amazing <3

12. theJosephDean

Well, though I am not musically inclined in any way, I am getting a keyboard as an early birthday gift within the next couple of weeks. Hopefully I will be able to learn something decent soon enough to contribute. :grin:

// Wishful thinking :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's definitely not wishful thinking. I've gone from level 1 to level 9 playing in a year and a half, so it's very doable. :grin:

I'll record something this weekend for you guys. ^_^

14. theJosephDean

:icon_bigg Thanks for the vote of confidence, heh.

I look forward to it!

15. Stuie

Once I find a decent mike, I'll post me playing something on bassoon here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But for now, it sounds fricking awful due to all the clipping and other things associated with a really bad mike. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. djt820

Well, Imma revive this bitch so WATCH THE FUCK OUT. Im going to use sendspace to upload my songs because my portfolio exceeds 2mb. Here's some songs I've written and recorded over the years:
    This one is a soft, pop-ish type of song for you easy listening pussies. My most recent and most professional sounding. Theres a long intro so the song doesn't really kick in until about 1:20:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/6co0s1
    Here's one of my favorites that's a little avant-garde:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/n7pdrh
    and this one is for the manly men who want something a little heavy:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/69hg8l

Programs I use:
    Adobe Audition
    Fruity Loops
    Instruments I use:
    Fender Jazz Bass
    Schecter Guitars
    Fender Stratocaster
    M-Audio Axiom 49 Keyboard
    I also use a drum machine that I program. I also did a collaboration track with a fellow EC'er but I cant find the correct master track. Maybe he has it.
    I like the idea of this thread. Thanks for showing it to me Victor XD

17. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Damnit! I forgot to record stuff. I'll do that right now.

18. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

19. djt820

You listen to Coldplay, don't you? Its pretty good. What exactly did you do in the song?

20. Cynic

In Loving Memory Regular Member

Well, this will be a larf. Most of this stuff is electronic based and not really much live recording so to speak, though most(if not all) of the synth lines and melodies I played myself. Genre is ambient/avant-garde breakbeat/Drum n bass. I use FL and have a Yamaha Cs1x Analouge synth keyboard.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pdgdh0 I guess I'll go through the tracks involved in here.

Dual Pathway's my most recent track. Stemmed away from the kind of usual ambient-type approach to try the usual 2-step stuff on the radio. Actually unfinished, but finished enough to go show.

Enigmatic's one I did around last year. First attempt at making a more liquid-type track. One of my favorites.

And then Camaraderie 265's a track I co-produced with Djt820, but I ended up somehow completely dshdfhjsfgsfj-ing his original draft and turned it into some Jazzy thing, go figure.