1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy Story 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lucky Panda, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Lucky Panda

Yahooooooo!! ^_^ I just got back from the midnight showing of Toy Story 3!! :grin: Personally, being Toy Story fan and growing up with it, thought it was as AMAZING movie! I definetly enjoyed it, and, in my humble opinion, thought the creativity behind the movie was spectacular! :grin: I highly encourage all EC'ers to watch the movie. So, if you have the special someone you've been itching to invite to a movie, this is the one to go to. :grin:

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't seen it yet but I'm planning on it. Loved Toy Story but Toy Story 2 wasn't too great in my opinion! I'll check out Toy Story 3. :thumbsup:

3. InaRut

"Toy Story 2 was Okay"- Demetri Martin.

4. silentsound

I saw it at midnight last night, it was flipping amazing <3

5. ArcaneVerse

eh im not too hopeful about the movie. Did they not learn after like the 3 lion king sequels that where shit or the many other sequels that no one really watched?

should stop before they ruin the originals. i mean toy story 2 was kinda lame.

6. Colton

I'm seeing it tomorrow with a whole bunch of my friends! I can't wait:grin:

7. I'm excited to see it :slight_smile:

But really, I don't think any new Disney/Pixar movie will be as great as Up was. That movie is <33333

8. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Buzz is a pervert.

[​IMG]

9. InaRut

Toy Story 2 was pretty bad. But they make a huge comeback with Toy Story 3. Saw it in the theatres and can honestly say I loved it. Aside from my personal oppinion it's getting some pretty good reviews.

I still seemed distraught by the fact that the coming of the end of the world plays the major theme in this story as the main plot is definately a take through the toy's version of Heaven, Pergatory, and Hell. Why is the apocolpyse so big in our culture. >_> Makes me nervous.

Definately though the story takes on a biblical...perhaps more spiritual approach but still remains within that special imagintive reality we would expect from a toystory. I recommend it.

It also had Totoro. Which was awesome.

And Mr. Pita/Wrap head was HILARIOUS

10. Étoile

I absolutely loved it. The visuals was amazing. However, the 3D was totally not worth it. There were only like 3 parts in 3D. But I got in for free, so I'm not complaining. :icon_bigg

There was a light biblical missage, especially when *SPOILER ALERT for those who self-destruct when they see spoilers* they were saved by the crane right before being burned up. Why in the world did they just sit there and hold hands?

I guess the apocolypse theme is so widely used because people are worried though interested in how the world will end. We have natural disasters, nuclear war, economic meltdown, zombies, a disease epidemic, aliens. People have been curious since Roman times.

11. Shevanel

Because they had nothing else to do? They gave up hope because there was no way out.

12. Étoile

^They could've climbed up the metal and jumped. With the super leaping and super strength they had throughout the movie, they could've easily got out.

13. Apocalypte

It's not out here until 16 July. That day can't come soon enough.

14. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Anyone want to come and watch it with me? Want to go and see it. :frowning2:

15. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I cried like a baby.
    Loved it. Highly recommend it.

16. Lucky Panda

I cried, too.

SPOILER: Once the group was in the dumpster truck, it only started going downhill for them. The alien trio got smashed by a truck, then Slink was pulled away by the magnets, and they were betrayed by Effin Lotso! :frowning2: They held hands going towards their doom and I nearly cried.

17. Colton

That was the best movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Étoile

I laughed during those scenes.

I'm a sadist, what can I say? :badgrin:

19. Lucky Panda

>:/ How... I dunno. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I enjoyed the movie either way. I was falling asleep before the preview began, however. XD It was 11:57 (3 minutes before the previews started) and my friend woke me up. ^^ The Pixar Short in the beginning was awesome, too!

20. Étoile

At first, I thought the Day & Night preview was part of Toy Story. I was thinking, "How is this connected to Toy Story?" It was really humorous and I enjoyed it.