1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black stud earrings on a guy?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by newkid, Jun 22, 2010.

1. newkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, got a fashion question. I'm a gay guy in my early 20s thinking about getting my ears pierced. Nothing too flashy. Was thinking about getting a couple black studs like these:

http://www.urban-male.com/mens-earr...tainless-steel-6mm-stud-earrings-for-men.html

http://www.urban-male.com/mens-earrings/6795-mens-black-stainless-steel-stud-earrings-6mm.html

http://www.urban-male.com/mens-earrings/7108-mens-black-stud-earrings-6mm.html

What do people think of the look? Seen it on a couple guys and I think it looks pretty good. My style's a bit hard to describe. Kind of indie / west coast I guess. (Band shirts, flannel, vans.) Not really socal and not really hipster. Definitely not a "scene" kid either.

If you like those, what do you think about other colored studs? Maybe red, white, blue or some other color?

#1 newkid, Jun 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. RaRa

I think it can look hot on the right guy. I'd go with the black ones though, they're the least flashy. Isn't that what you were going for? :icon_wink

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

They're all black

4. RaRa

I saw silver, quartz, blue, and white among others on that site. :icon_wink

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

But he was thinking about the ones that he specifically linked to. Not random ones you searched up..

or maybe I am just thinking too much..(or too less)

6. newkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, sorry. I was just asking if you liked the black studs I put links to what you might think about studs in other colors? Wanted to see first if people liked the look of black stud earrings and then thought I'd see what people thought of other colors.

7. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

black ones are always the best

8. xCrazyInsanity

i like the last ones.

I think that's the question anyway.

9. newkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey thanks for the replies. Sorry that my question wasn't all that well worded. Mostly curious what people think of the look. Would somebody with my kind of style (indie-ish: band tees, flannel shirts, vans) look good with ears pierced like that?

10. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I don't find guys with earrings to be all that cool, I think it's been overdone if you aske me. But that's just my opinion, if you like them then don't let that stop you!

And if you think that they fit your style, then chances are they will. :slight_smile: Besides, if you're opting for the black then remember: black goes with anything, so I think they'll fit your style just fine.

11. newkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey sorry to keep this thread up. I know I probably seem a little silly, but I don't want to get pierced if it's going to look awful. (And I'm the type to always second guess things.) I photoshopped a picture of me with a black earring. (I'd get both ears pierced, but I couldn't find find a good photo to edit.)

What do you think? I think it looks alright. Doesn't really go with my hair -- just got a haircut and it's a lot shorter than my hair normally is. (Was a little too trusting with the stylist's advice.) Thanks for all the help!

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/album.php?albumid=2227&pictureid=19818

#11 newkid, Jun 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2010
  12. Cracked Actor

They look great! If I were you, I'd do it.

13. otc877

otc877 Guest

Since those aren't plugs, if you don't like them you can just take 'em out. I say go for it.

P.S. the last ones were my favorite.

14. Ralivar

I think it does look good on you, and I agree with the above posters, I think the last ones that you linked look the best.

In the end i's really up to you, if you really want it done it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. The good thing about earrings is that (as has also been said) if you don't like it then all you have to do is take it out and the hole will heal over.