1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hurt Locker, really?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ArcaneVerse, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ArcaneVerse

Ok so I finally got to see The Hurt Locker and I have to say I was extremely disappointed by the whole movie. I cant believe this won a best movie award and athough I was glad that avatar didn't win, i'm sad that both these movies were classed so high.

The film was sort of stuck between an A grade action movie and an indie flick but lacking what makes both those types of movies enjoyable. There was no real point or meaning to the film, no story or any substantial plot, it was just a recording of three soldiers doing what they are trained to do. It seemed like a documentary without a narrator explaining what was going on, just bits a pieces here and there without any coherent flow.

The acting was good though and the explosions and shit were decent too.

I think this movie could have been made into a brilliant short film but its not fit for a full length film.
    ----------------------------------------

Anyone else agree, or is it just me? anyone have reasons for the opposite opinion and wish to share their view?

2. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never seen it ... I may not ever do so, now.

3. Charme

Charme Guest

I've never even heard of it until the Academy Awards show.

4. I really, really liked it. I think it definitely deserved Best Director, but the rest of its wins are debatable. I personally think that District 9 and Up were the best of the Best Picture nominees. It would've been cooler to see one of those win.

5. BrettV

It's all politics out here.

Just think of it as a big F U to James Cameron.

6. Shevanel

He so deserved it.