1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeitgeist

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alex19, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Alex19

anyone watch this movie? its absolutely amazing. if you havn seen it, you should cause its mind blowing. itll change your views on both religion and the american government.

2. Shevanel

How could you buy into a conspiracy theory film about 9/11 =/

3. djt820

I first saw it about 2 or 3 years ago. Conspiracy theory movies can be very informative but some can be biased or twist information (Like any form of media). Just make sure you do thorough research before you come to a conclusion on what you believe. Just dont believe what a film tells you. That being said, 9/11 conspiracies hold a lot of water, in my humble opinion. There's a lot of evidence that was ignored by the government and should be further investigated. The fact that the government refuses to comment on anything brought up by these conspiracies is what leaves me skeptical. The same goes for other conspiracies as well. If the government doesn't have anything to hide, they should further research the events that took place. I also dislike how people just push aside any conspiracy just for it being a conspiracy. People should have an open-mind about these things and not just think "Our government wouldn't do that!". But in the end, both sides of the argument need to do their research.

I do think though, that the film is pretty spot-on when it talks about the federal reserve and we should eliminate any central banks because it hurts the economy more than it does good for it. I'm no economist so don't go attacking me for what I think.

The religion aspect of this film is the most criticized from what I found in my research. Either way, I reject religion and it doesn't matter to me either way.

Since I'm a psychic, I predict this thread will bring a SHITSTORM and it'll eventually get locked because people can't civilly discuss things without attacking or demeaning anyone.

#3 djt820, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  4. Connor22

I like conspiracy movies and stuff, I don't believe it (most of it... Roswell) but I find them quite fun to watch thanks for the heads up on this one, I'll look out for it

5. Alex19

whoa now, buddy lol i never said i bought into it. i just said that it can change views. and honestly, is any of the stuff they talk about so far fetched? its all totally in the governments power to do what is spoken of in the movie. im not saying its true- just that its completely possible.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Conspiracy theory films are hilarious!

They base all their information on half-formed information. ITS FUN <3

7. VampConspiracy

My views about the government and 9/11 are firmly established and nearly unshakable; unless there is new information that came from a reliable source and has none of that conspiracy-theory feel to it, I might consider giving a care.

Otherwise, the "information" will make for a long night of laughing my ass off and screaming at my screen.

8. Twilight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I my self think that what they speak of in the movie is mostly true. Unlike some of the other conspiracy movies I have watched where they dive into deep subjects and gasp for air, so to speak, not having any evidence. This one is very informative about the events of 9/11 and I am looking forward to watching the second one.

9. djt820

There is a second one xD
    "Zeitgeist: Addendum"
    They're working on a third, I heard.

10. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I've watched it. And I found myself absolutely bored out of my mind by its pseudo-intellectual attempts at fear mongering. Boring. Bland. Terrible editing.

Conspiracy theories require extraordinary evidence to support their extraordinary claims. And you know what they tend to provide? Bupkis. Zilch. Nada. I'm open-minded in so far as I require evidence to accept an idea or concept.

Conspiracy theories never stand up to Occam's Razor either and this theory is no exception. The shear amount of people who would have to be paid off, who would have to be persuaded to keep their mouth shut, is astronomical in size. Each new person who is in on it shreds its credibility by just a bit more.

And what the frick is with the thermite stuff? We saw a friggin' PLANE fly into a building and then it collapsed. It would be slightly more believable that the government had hired people to fly the planes into the building. Why would you add explosives to further complicate the matters?

I have zero respect for those who make authority figures out to be evil masterminds without any evidence to substantiate that claim.

Anyways, watch some debunking videos. Here is one that I particularly like as it really nails all the points.

[YOUTUBE]QilSHm0Luj4[/YOUTUBE]

Feel free to actually do some research about what real engineers and scientists think about the matter. Let's not rely on the nonsense spouted by your average Joe to confirm or deny our beliefs.

EDIT: I found a few other videos I feel I need to include.
    [YOUTUBE]uXvUt2NE7ro[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]SMvz3taoMnU[/YOUTUBE]

#10 Numfarh, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2010
  11. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

The problem with most conspiracy theories concerning the September 11 attacks is that they part from a true premise but arrive to a false conclusion. I think it's quite accurate to say that 9/11 served Bush's purpose (taking Bush as a representant of American corporations) of bringing to fruition a ravaging military campaign in the Middle East with a worrying amount of popular consensus. Likewise, Germany's economic downfall in the 20s triggered the antisemitic wave that allowed Hitler to carry out the most sinister policies against Jews. But just as no one would make so ridiculous a statement as "Hitler planned the economic crisis", there's no point in suggesting that Bush was the mastermind behind 9/11 attacks, especially when there's so little solid evidence to support such claim.

12. Emberstone

I don't beliuve bush planned 9/11.

however, a month before, he was given a memo that made it clear that osama bin laden was determined to attack within the united states, and he brushed it off as something that would never happen.

Clinton also left the bush whitehouse with a well plotted out effort to capture osama bin laden, which clinton had viewed as a viruelent threat to the western world, and the fragileness of the middle east. bush, against, brushed it aside, and said it was stupid, and that laden was not a threat.

That, coupled with the fact that he botched tora bora, when we literally had bin laden in the cross hairs, shows that while I do not believe he, or anyone in america planned 9/11, his neglegence is blatently set in stone.

13. Lucky Panda

My brother showed me a video on youtube not-too long ago. :] It dealt with 9-11 conspiracy theories.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE[/YOUTUBE]

^^ I never got around to watching the full thing, but I was planning on doing so eventually. I don't really like to stick my nose in stuff like this, but this thread happened to catch my interest... XD :] Enjoy the video?

14. Shevanel

Clinton actually passed over a perfect opportunity to assassinate Osama. He called it off at the last minute.

15. Lucky Panda

Joey, watch the video! XD

16. Shevanel

I try not to, Don't like to be reminded about things that killed people I knew.

17. Lucky Panda

I'm really sorry. :/ I didn't mean it like that. I wouldn't have said anything had I known...

18. djt820

Well I watched one of those videos and it does indeed have a lot of info I'll need to research. I knew alot of the 9/11 conspiracy theories had alot of mis-information surrounding them but I haven't touched anything 9/11 in a while. Might as well brush up. Though, I still have a lot of skepticism towards the government, not only regarding 9/11 but other things as well.

19. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

Skepticism towards the government is healthy and much needed. I think a good deal of scrutiny needs to be placed on those higher up in order to 'keep them in line' so to speak. The only issues I have is when people falsely accuse authority figures of being evil simply because they are authority figures. Trust needs to be earned just as respect does, but I feel that conspiracy theorists begin from a position of 'government bad' instead of 'government neutral'. They then fabricate false facts to support their initial position as opposed to looking at the truth of the matter. It is a completely backwards approach to forming an opinion.

But yes, there are tons of great resources out there for anyone who wants to debunk conspiracy theories.

20. djt820

I completely agree with you for the most part.