1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Game recognises Gay marriage

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by British Lad, Jul 9, 2010.

1. British Lad

British Lad Guest

The MMORPG game know as Runes of Magic has just released A marriage system, Which Allows gay marriage, yes that is right gay marriage, so anybody could marry anybody regardless of gender. Which this is the first game of it's type (free to play MMORPG) to do so, but not the first ever. And is now has two player mount for newly weds, and the system has some interesting benefits to the players involved

2. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I saw this and thought of The Sims. The Sims [1] allowed gay couples to live together but not get married. The Sims 2 allowed "joinings" (civil unions) for gay couples, and then The Sims 3 makes all marriages equal.

3. Smiley1123

I was actually thinking about this while playing Life on my iPod Touch today at the beach. When I got "married" they automatically put a guy in my car with me. I wasn't mad it just bothered me a little bit. I think that it would be AWESOME if they let you choose if you want a guy (blue piece) or girl (pink piece) :slight_smile:

4. Étoile

Was about to post this.

The Sims were pretty progressive in the gaming world years before anyone else.

5. Corny

Corny Guest

^ in 1998 there was a gay, married couple in fallout 2 ... just saying

6. British Lad

British Lad Guest

I was on about MMORPGS were you can get married not NPCs being gay.

7. otc877

otc877 Guest

I read about that earlier, in the article they said the developers where from a country that doesn't recognize any sort of gay marriage/civil unions etc. Guess they're just catering to their western player base.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fable 2 lets you marry same-sex...it basically makes your hero character bisexual pretty much lol