1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by blueeyedcutie, Jul 17, 2010.

1. blueeyedcutie

Has anyone else went? I went during opening week. I drove for 26 hours to get there and I loved every minute of it! Its a must see for any die hard harry potter fan! I loved the Forbidden Journey....it was def one of the most coolest rides ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going some time between 28th and the 4th of August. :grin: with my best friend :grin: :grin:. I can't wait. Specially to drink butterbeer, take the rides, get my own wand, etc :grin:

3. Emberstone

but your male... you should have a wand already... teehee.

I am on the other side of the country... so I am not likely to go anytime soon thanks to the fact that traveling cross country is a waste of time and money at the moment.

4. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work at universal, so yeah been there. Buuter beer may ahve 1 zillion calories in it, but man its good

5. I MIGHT be going in December. We are still deciding on Universal and Disney (I vote Disney but we will see).

I'm in the process of watching all of the movies (just finished Goblet of Fire) so i'm even more excited to go there now :slight_smile: I have NO IDEA what the new ride is all about, I only know they re named Dueling Dragons.

6. blueeyedcutie

The only thing I didn't get to do was go to the wand shop because the line was a 3 and half hour wait time in 95 degree weather with humidity. The butterbeer is delicious but it is so sweet that I can't drink a whole one by myself!

7. Lychee

I am planning a trip to America some time soon purely to go to the Wizarding World... Omg HP <3

8. Alecs1991

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh all of you are soooo lucky ! I have no plans to go but dearly want to !! Harry Potter's been such a fixture in our lives since...hmmm i believe i was in 3rd grade?

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I figure the wand shop will be hardest to get into....apparently too they allow 20 in at a time, and of that, only ONE of the twenty even gets to do the "experience" of the wand choosing them, the other 19 get nothing but to watch and also they can purchase other wands around if they want, but not get to have one choose them -_-. Soooo stupid.

10. blueeyedcutie

I didn't even know that bit of info about the wand shop. The wands also cost a pretty penny too! I'm happy I didn't wait but I figure I'll eventually will go back and I'll do it when they are not so busy!

11. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm going to try it but if it is indeed a 3 1/2 hour wait the day I go...I might just skip it and go in another year. I mean it just opened last month, of course it's going to be THAT busy. Only....millions of people have been waiting for this type of theme park to open. I mean the only people who aren't are the religious nutters who burned the HP books because of "references to witchcraft" lol. I definitely will however check out Dervish & Banges (THEY SELL QUIDDITCH SUPPLIES THERE!!!), Honeydukes (which apparently has a lot of the sweets from HP? (the question mark is for you blueeyed)), Filch's Emporium (Hogwarts clothing, and other HP replica props from the films, and other gifts), the Owl Post (simply want to see this because I think it sounds cool lol), hell I might have my first alcoholic beverage (well sorta...I don't really drink and have only had maybe one fruity drink and that's all) at the Hog's Head because it's custom ale made only for the Hog's Head. And you know...I might try the Dragon Challenge. Though not sure as I'm not a big rollercoaster fan. Definitely doing the Forbidden Journey though :grin:

12. Emberstone

just abstain from butterbeer until after your stomach has settled from riding all the rides.

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok. Lol. Any reasoning besides the sugar?

14. factwithinfiction

I wanna go so bad :tears:

Apparently if you go into the bathroom you can hear Moaning Myterle.

15. blueeyedcutie

Yes, I did here Moaning Myterle. Yes, they do sell sweets from the books in Honeydukes. They have chocolate frogs and I despartely wanted one but it would have melt by the time I would have gotten it back to the hotel and felt ready to enjoy it. I loved Zonkos because it was the joke shop and I got a screaming Yoyo. I didn't get to to go to all the shops because of the lines and we only had so much time at the park you know.

16. ANightDude

So, for those who have gone, is the castle actually all of Hogwarts? Or is it only certain sections, or what?

17. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    blueeyed, do you think the lines are as bad now that it's not opening week? Do you think they may have lessened a little? Would you suggest getting there like an hour before the park even opens?

18. blueeyedcutie

Well, I wouldn't know what the situation is now but I would still go an hour early just to make sure that you don't have to wait forever. Being there at 9 is nice because if you want to ride Forbidden Journey, the line is not that long and you would only have to wait a half hour at the most. I'm sure it has subsided somewhat, we went on the 6th day it was open and some of the people who worked there said it was already better from the first day but that is expected.

19. crystaltriforce

it was awesome, and the butter beer and pumpkin juice is amazing

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really want to experience the Wand shop...even if I don't get the wand experience, just getting inside would be nice. So do you think arriving an hour early would be good for that too?