1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being in a band...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by cpt doodles, Jul 18, 2010.

1. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i wasn't sure where to put this so i'll stick it in here with the music stuff =]

So, I recently put together a band, a proper one, not like all those ones iv done before that last 3 minutes or the remainder of the day i proposed it lol.

I've always wanted to be in a band and most people that i know will tell you that i never stfu about my music, ive tried to start them before but to no avail, this time is different though.

At present we have 2 guitarists (me being one of them), vocalist, bassist and drummer (my little brother), however we would like a keyboard. we all write lyrics of our own then meet up and edit them as a whole.

What I have written so far is all over the place, one riff might be like dream theater and the next will sound like nirvana lol i think this is good and bad at the same time... cuz on one hand i dont really want to be bound to a genre, but on the other hand going from writing complicated prog riffs to 3 power chords seems a wee bit daft XD

we wanna meet up alot over the summer and write like crazy, we have a name (although it may not stick) and a facebook page (with a whole 15 fans W00P!!) and whatnot =]

So if you have any advice from past experience or what have you on writing methods or the genre hopping thing, it will be much appreciated, although i would please ask that you dont post any ideas for songs or concepts

kthxbai! =]

#1 cpt doodles, Jul 18, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. MusicIsLife

There's a lot of bands that jump around, just don't make it too extreme, ie going from an arch enemy sound to power pop.

Personally, just write. Have fun with it, and at the end of it all, you guys might have a solid sound, or you may still be all over the place. These types of things tend to develop on their own.

3. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
  4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Some bands will start off with 3 notes! Then make a frame work for the song then write they lyrics to it. :slight_smile: Have fun and experiment with it all, thats what music is all about. Something that might seem crazy might work! :grin: