1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Series)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ANightDude, Jul 18, 2010.

1. ANightDude

Does anyone else out there just LOVE this show? I recently started watching it and wow, it's just so addicting. Great plot(s), characters, all of that.

Any other Avatar fans out there?

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I love ATLA.

Can't wait for Avatar: Legend of Korra. I hear they're going to officially announce it at Comicon which starts Tuesday.

3. Rikudo

Loved the series. I'd have to say Bumi is my favorite character.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have Season 2 and Season 3 on my iTunes. After see TLA film, I wound up watching the entire series again lol. Just finished it Friday. They recently released Season 1 in a Collector's Edition just like last year.

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me! I LOVE it!!

I like Toph. She's funny. I actually always had a crush on Zuko too. Something about the whole "I was out to destroy you, but now I want to join you. Oh, and I want to teach the Avatar firebending." thing always gets me. I still think he's cute.

I haven't seen the movie yet. And honestly, I don't plan on doing so.

6. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Best part ever: When Toph was drowning at the Serpent's Path, and Sokka screamed "Don't worry Toph!" Then Suki jumped in and saved her before he was done undressing, and Toph was like, "OH THANK YOU SOKKA! BLAH BLAH BLAH *kiss*" Then Suki was like o.o It's me.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was probably one of the funniest parts. and yes Zuko's cute, but only with his grown hair. His ponytail in First Season just never made him attractive.

8. Nomad187

I watched the series since it started. I am absolutely in love with it. As most of my friends put it I am a walking Avatar The Last Airbender encyclopedia. Number 1 fan right here lol

9. Emberstone

I have it on my netflix, I stream it off the internet straight to my TV useing a Roku box *yess, that is what it is called... my streaming box is the previous avatar!!!!!!!!!!!*

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should take a picture of it Ember so we actually get an idea about why you call it a Roku-box.

11. Emberstone

http://www.roku.com/

saves me the time of grabbing my camara.

oh god, I love that thing. it was a christmas gift from my parents. they got one for my brothers house too. My parents now acknowledge that they will never top it. oh god, I love my roku box sooooo much. I can stream any netflix instant stream movie or tv show straight to my tv over my wireless. I like to pretend the light that comes on when it is actively playing movies is the avatar glow, bringing balance and awesomeness to the world!!!

12. Just Adam

i love avatar:grin: its got a truly unique feel ..i just wish they could bring back the series.

13. Emberstone

Well, there is suposed to be a spin off soon. honestly, I think avatar was amazing becuase they set out to tell a specific story, and they did it, and they left it there. A good storyteller knows when to stop.

a bad story teller keeps writing twilight sequls after the first one, which shouldnt have been published, was.

14. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

It's not a spin off, it's a new series by the same people with a completely new story. It's not a continuation, don't ever compare ATLA to Twilight or I will report you to the Avatar nerds and they will attack you. :angry:

It's a new avatar. And Aang will be Korra's new spiritual helper just like Roku was with Aang. There will also be a new set of problems.

Korra will be from the watertribe.

The Storyline so far will be focusing on a Waterbending Avatar named Korra, who is the next after Aang. It's 100 years in the future. Aang is featured in the series in the Spirit World, as Roku and past Avatars were to Aang in the Last Airbender.

^That is official information. More might be revealed at Comic-con in a few days.

#14 Lady Gaga, Jul 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2010
  15. Emberstone

cool.

what happens in two more cicles when they get back to the air nomads?

That was what I found saddest, because in the end, unless there was a secret air tribe that the fire nation never found, or nature somehow creates new air benders *did we ever learn who the first airbenders were, we know the dragons were the first fire benders, and badgers the first earth bender, and the ocean and moon spirits were the first water benders, but I forget if we learned the first air ones.

oh, and atla was what i was refering to as the good type of story teller, useing twilight as a example that sometimes, when a story is told, leaving it there is the best thing to do. twilight was a bad story that the author milked for all it was never worth, but she knew how to sex it up just right to rip off a bunch of immature tween idiots.

16. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    I love Avatar. It's definitely one of my favorite television series. I was obsessed with it when it came out, and I've gotten back into it lately thanks to the awesome wonders of Netflix. :grin: I had no idea it was so popular until the movie came out and a ton of my friends were all excited about it. xD

The new series definitely sounds intriguing. I can't wait to learn more about it.

17. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

The first airbenders learned airbending from the flying bisons (Appa), which are now extinct, since Appa is known to be the last one. :frowning2:

Here are a few theories on what could happen:

1. It is stated many times in the original series that the air nomads where very extensive travelers. So it's extremely possible that while the air temples where invaded, many monks were in the Earth/Water/Fire kingdoms, then decided to hide after they learned of the invasion. Then they continued to keep it a secret and breeded. An example of this would the old puppet lady in the Fire nation who kept her waterbending a secret for decades before Katara discovered she was bloodbending.

2. There could be some airbending society hidden away in the Earth kingdom, much like how there was a third waterbending tribe in the swamps that was seemingly unknown (As in Sokka and Katara never heard of them, even though they were from a water tribe)

3. Also, Aang has the ability to give people bending and take away bending. So he could make more.

There are more but I forgot lol

#17 Lady Gaga, Jul 19, 2010
  18. Nomad187

^Aang could only take away bending not give it

19. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

"My first girlfriend turned into the moon."
    "That's rough, buddy."

That exchange between Sokka and Zuko is my favourite quote from the entire series. I'm excited for the jump into the future. We will get to find out what happened to Aang and potentially everyone else. I wonder how many seasons they plan on extending it. What will the 'big bad' be since the Fire Nation will have settled down? So many questions! So excited.

20. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Nope. They never explained energybending. Just because all we saw was that, that doesn't mean that's all it can do.

Just like we never saw a waterbender bend lemonade. Doesn't mean they can't. :3

#20 Lady Gaga, Jul 19, 2010