1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this make for a good playlist?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 2, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

On saturday I will be having a BBQ, just for fun.

Apart from food and fun and general messing around, I needed a good playlist to accompany this. I didnt want anything too near and dear to my heart, as it might ruin the mood, and I tried to balance out all the genres so that there will be something for everyone.

I have over 4100 songs in my iTunes, and the playlist came to 1750 songs. Obviously I won't tell you every single song I put on it, but heres the list of the artists I included:

AFI, AC/DC, The Academy Is..., Ace Enders & A Million Other People, Adam Lambert, Against Me!, The A.K.A.s, Alkaline Trio, The All-American Rejects, All Caps, Amanda Palmer, Amber Pacific, Andrew WK, The Animals, The Anniversary, Armor For Sleep, The Audition, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Religion, Bayside, Beastie Boys, Beyonce, Billy Talent , Bjork, Black Flag, Blink 182, Bob Dylan, Bon Jovi, The Music from A Very Potter Musical and A Very Potter Sequel, The Bouncing Souls, Boys Like Girls, Brand New, The Briggs, Bright Eyes, Cartel, Catch 22, Chiodos, The Clash, Cobra Starship, Cursive, Cute Is What We Aim For, Dashboard Confessional, Dead Kennedys, Death Cab For Cutie, Die Mannequin, Diffuser, Disturbed, The Dresden Dolls, Dropkick Murphys, The Early November, Eighteen Visions, Envy On The Coast, Escape The Fate, Faber Drive, Face To Face, Fake Shark-Real Zombie!, Fall Out Boy, Flobots, Flogging Molly Forever The Sickest Kids, Forgive Durden, Fort Minor, Four Year Strong, Further Seems Forever, The Gaslight Anthem, The Get Up Kids, Glee Cast, GOB, Godsmack, Green Day, Guns N' Roses , Gym Class Heroes, Hedley, Hellogoodbye, The Higher, Hit The Lights, Hot Water Music, The Hush Sound, I Fight Dragons, illScarlett, Innerpartysystem, Jack's Mannequin, JamisonParker, Jane's Addiction, Jawbreaker, Jimmy Eat World, Joan Jett, Johnny Horton, Juliana Theory, Kanye West, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, The Killers, Lady Gaga, Lady Soverign, The Lawrence Arms, Lily Allen, Limbeck, Linkin Park, The Lonley Island, Marianas Trench, Midtown, Millencolin, Ministry Of Magic, Minor Threat, The Misfits, Moneen, Motion City Soundtrack, Motey Crue, Muse, MXPX, My Chemical Romance, Neil Diamond, New Found Glory, New Years Day, Nickel Creek, Nirvana, NOFX, The Offspring, OneStarCity, Panic! At The Disco, Pantera, Paramore, The Parselmouths, Peaches, Pennywise, Phantom Planet, Piebald, P!nk, The Pink Spiders, Placebo, Plain White T's, The Police, Queen, Rage Against The Machine, Rainer Maria, The Ramones, Rancid, Refused, Rilo Kiley, Rise Against, The Rites of Spring, Rob Zombie, The Rolling Stones, The Runaways, Saves The Day, Senses Fail, Set Your Goals, Sex Pistols, Shiny Toy Guns, Simon & Garfunkel, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Smiths, Social Distortion, Something Corporate, The Sounds, The Spill Canvas, Spinnerette, The Starting Line, Straylight Run, Street Dogs, Sublime, Sunny Day Real Estate, Taking Back Sunday, Tegan & Sara, Ten Second Epic, Texas Is The Reason, There For Tomorrow, This Is Gravity, Thursday, Thrice, The Ting Tings, Tokio Hotel, Travie McCoy, Twisted Sister, U2, Uh Huh Her, The Used, Warrant, We The Kings, The Weird Sisters, The White Stripes, The Whomping Willows, 2*Sweet aaaand 3OH!3

Does it work?

2. Shevanel

Weezer is good Summer BBQ music.

Oh and, sure :slight_smile: I'm sure you know your BBQ peeps best.

3. Connor22

loving it and you got some rise against in there nice! should be good for a BBQ just make sure you pump it out loud

4. thevre

yes. the instant afi shows up it becomes a banging playlist.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

That sounds like a really good playlist.

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    summer barbecue... dandy warhols!

7. thevre

Yes. the moment you add AFI makes it amazing.