1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's The WORST Movie You've Seen???

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GoinStag, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

So I was just talking to my sister about this French movie from 1961 that my Mom made us see with her called "Last Year At Marienbad" like 2 years ago. People seem to think it was a big deal like "Citizen Kane" or something lol anyways this movie was torture and really hard to follow, and that's with subtitles lol.

What's the worst movie you've seen?????

#1 GoinStag, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2010
  2. Shevanel

In Theaters,

Ghost Rider. I was literally dying of torture throughout that. I don't even know why my mom wanted to see it >_>

Anywhere else,

Battlefield Earth? Epic Movie? From Justin To Kelly? I really try hard to not watch movies that I know are shitty/will be shitty. Sadly I had to endure those few I mentioned for some reason.

The whole "Worst movie" idea is interesting, because some people truly pick films that definitely don't deserve to be called bad at all. It's a really strange victim of subjectivity I guess, and it really depends on how many movies the person has seen. And then theres the whole understanding of movies. Like I know some people who'll say something like for example "Pulp Fiction is the worst movie ever because it doesn't make sense and the events aren't even in chronological order!". Something like that is just invalid.

EDIT: I forgot about the Uwe Boll movies that I've seen, with the exception of Postal, which was only mildly shitty. I still need to see Rampage... But all of his other movies are just... there is no need for words >_>

#2 Shevanel, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "The Room". It's hilariously awful.

4. partietraumatic

Mr and Mrs Smith. Truly abysmal.

5. RedKnight

most definetly Epic Movie

6. Stuie

I'd have to say Battlefield Earth. It was so bad it was sheer hilarity. It must be seen to be believed. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. RaRa

Troll 2.

Amusing, but terrible.

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I don't know why I thought Epic Movie would have any redeeming qualities. I really don't. What I do know is that Epic Movie was the movie that made me realize that Seltzer And Friedberg didn't deserve any more of my money.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    High on the "truly awful" list for me was a gem called "Chopping Mall", a crappy horror film probably shot on a budget of 5 bucks.

Basic plot is a mall hires a security company to provide overnight security using robots that have lethal laser beams. Kids hide out in the mall to have fun after it's locked down, not realizing it's filled with robots with laser beams to kill them. Hilarity ensues. (Not.)

I saw this winner on the USA "Up All Night" movie at like 3am. I watched it all the way through and then went "I stayed up till 5 am for this?

Also high on the awful list is "I Heart Huckabees." I know a lot of people think it is truly wonderful (including the person who insisted that I watch it), but in my book, it was truly one of the absolute worst, stupid, most unwonderful films ever. I remember commenting during the film "How in the fuck could Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin ever have been talked into participating in this piece of shit?"

10. Connor22

am I the only one on here who actually liked epic movie?

anyway a movie called solaris, now normally if somethings sci-fi I give it 3 stars for trying but that movie was... well it was one of those psychological thrillers only minus the thriller and the psychological was only for george clooney. Not to mention that there was NO plot at all and a cast of about 8 only thing I can really say was any good was the cgi and GOOD was pushing it.

11. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have to go with what alot of you guys have been saying, and say "Epic Movie" was probably the worst. Holy shit, that was just awful. The humor was juvenile and just unfunny. At least I only watched it On Demand, but I still feel entitled to a refund for having to endure that piece of shit movie.

12. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Am I the only one who's somewhat surprised that "Ice Spiders" hasn't been mentioned? xD (It wasn't a theater movie, but still.)

13. kettlkorn

I saw a B movie called Frankenfish. So bad that it was funny

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Batman and Robin

15. Miss Modular

Yes! But this movie is so bad, it's almost good.

Well if you've seen the original almost 3 hour Russian version, that's how it's supposed to be. The English one just looses something in translation. It's really quite good and not in a "it's so bad it's good" kind of way.

Now for truly awful movies with absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever, I'd have to pick Hostel. It totally failed because it wasn't scary or creepy, but just gory. And it relied on special effect and CGI to carry what little plot there was instead of dialog or acting. It was lame in the extreme.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    why does Nick Cage always look like he is about to sneeze?

17. partietraumatic

this could be controversial, as i know some people love him.

But for me, 90% of Eddie Murphy movies.

18. Zumbro

I came here to say this. I actually made it through the whole thing, I think.

19. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

To me, Battlefield Earth belongs in the 'so bad it's good' category haha. I found 'Boat Trip' downright appalling.

20. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm I personally loved Batman and Robin...and liked Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Epic Movie wasn't that bad either. It wasn't Scary Movie though...

Cast Away was boring as hell for me...it was like 2 hours of him on an island screaming "WILSON"...I just was like "SHUT UP".

But no I know the worst movie ever, and I know many will agree and some will disagree, but The Last Airbender was the worst film I've ever seen in my entire life...and I've seen some doozies.