1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you could go back in time (non-music)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Revan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So RedKnight started the thread but limited it to bands (no offense RK, you just seemed to limit it to JUST that) so I figure this should be for ANYTHING.

Me if I went back in time, I know it's wrong but I would probably take songs from now and bring them back and perform them. I know i know, very wrong. But technically no one would have created them yet :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oh and i'd go back in time and try and stop some of the disasters from happening. Hiroshima, WWII, that sort of stuff....though technically stopping WWII would have kept me from being born since it was because of WWII my grandparents met...

2. Shevanel

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABDm2JcnTPs[/YOUTUBE]

You don't know what the future would be like if you changed the past. It could be worse >_>

3. Jeremy

OMG! I have a story about going back in time!

Okay, so I had this really messed up dream that I woke up and it was 2001, and I was in my younger body at the house I used to live in, and all that junk, but I still retained the knowledge of growing up and experiencing up to the year 2010. It was really weird. Mainly, I was so concerned with how I was going to remake all of my friends and how things would be totally different because the way I acted would completely change the history (future?) that I knew to be and experienced. Then I got to thinking that I could just go to New York and tell them to evacuate the WTC on 9/11, but then I figured (since I was what... 12?) that I wuoldn't be able to get people to leave, so then I thought about like bringing a gun and pretending to be a terrorist to get the people to leave. Finally I came to the conclusion that this would be an absolutely horrible idea because they'd just think I was involved in the whole thing (how's a 12 year old going to explain knowing the future?) lol

Anyway, if I could go back in time, I'd want to see 19th century France. :grin:

4. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

I wanna see how life would be if my first boyfriend never broke up with me. Would I be in the same mess I am in now? What fun thing would I have done in my summer holidays? Just something that I have wondered over the past few months. ^_^ Same idea if my mum was alive too! :slight_smile:

5. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear about your Mom :frowning2: As for the boyfriend thing...it's more a case of what broke you up. If you can change that then yeah you'd still be together, but if you don't know then you'd still be broken up...

6. Rikudo

I'd make money or enslave humanity. :slight_smile:

7. Étoile

This.

8. RedKnight

its all good revan, no offence taken. i just have it limited because its a question i ask my mates in real life so thought i would bring it here.

i would go back and see queen live. no seriously umm. i would invest in microsoft :slight_smile:

9. SlickyPants

"Chuck! Chuck! It's Marvin... You're cousin Marvin Berry. You know that new sound your lookin' for? Well listen to this!"

Edit: And just in case nobody knows what I'm quoting...

[​IMG]

#9 SlickyPants, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  10. Shevanel

Oh, I'd also LOVE to go see Jaws and Alien back in theaters when they were originally released. But I'd like to have my knowledge of what happens in those movies to be erased so I can experience the same thing everyone else experienced. God, that'd be amazing.

11. chained butterfly

I'd buy out google

12. Damon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like that idea...id either buy out google or buy out youtube or some shizz like that :slight_smile:

13. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Where would you get that money to buy out Google? lol

14. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even just going back one year, I could be the wealthiest person in the world right now, if I just had a ton of data on the stock market ahead of time. So basically, I should just give myself-from-one-year-ago a stock market overview, a sports alamanac (hey, it worked for Biff in Back to the Future 2! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) and a news overview.

Going back further, I'd go back ten years, and tell myself: "you're gay, OK? And that's pretty OK. The faster you accept that, the less time you'll wase with depression and angst and lying to others and yourself!"
    And tell my dad to get a thorough brain scan, every year, starting right now. Because he deserves better than dying young...

My ultimate dream, however, would be to go back to the Roman Empire (sometime close to the times of Trajan and Hadrian) and use my revolutionary invention of black powder to conquer the world!

15. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

I'd use my psychic powers to make money. I would warn people about 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina. Then, once I made up to $1,000,000 I'd warn people of a pro-gay dragon coming to kill off the homophobes. Then I would change my name, grow a beard, and flee to Cuba before anyone found out my last prediction was a lie :slight_smile:

16. Emberstone

I would do a few things:

I would ensure that Ann Coulter, Sharon Angle, and Sarah Palin were never conceived, thereby saving us from nazi facist, "Rape is gods plan for the world", and incompitant hypocrite respectively.

I would go back, and ask jesus to put together a time capsule, bury it in texas in the spot where some fundementalist televangilist is going to build one of those mega churches, and have a letter say "hi, it is jesus... what the hell is wrong with you... THIS IS NOT WHAT I MEANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I would go back in time, tell Charlie Wilson that I am from the future, and osama bin ladin, a muhjadeen fighter and supporter, intends on 9/11/2001 to fly planes into sky scrapers, and american goverment buildings in washington, and that it might be good to track him down, and put a bullet in his head for national security.

I would go back in time, and tell myself to bite the bullet and work out, so that now, in the present, I would be buff.