1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worst song you've ever heard?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Aug 7, 2010.

1. For me, it's a tie between these two:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8F5YSA1Oz0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI[/YOUTUBE]

I actually can't decide which is worse. The infuriatingly overplayed pop song that everybody hates or the magnum opus by the world's most loathed crunkcore band? :dry:

2. RedKnight

to many to keep track of and to just name 1

3. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

[YOUTUBE]cegC5vS4DuA[/YOUTUBE]

I'll just leave this here. Garfunkel and Oates are my favourite comedy singing duo (they even beat out Flight of the Concords) so I actually like this medley.

4. VampConspiracy

Um... a tie between a hell of a whole lot of American pop, rap, and hip-hop songs (that INCLUDES Lady Gaga). There's so many to choose from that I won't even bother picking just one.

5. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have an instinctive desire to crush things when I hear that "Sexy Bitch" song.

6. factwithinfiction

Anything made by Ke$ha.

7. partietraumatic

i don't mind bad songs, as long as bands don't take themselves too seriously. However there are some artists who take themselves far too seriously, and make rubbish songs.

Pretty much all modern hip-hop inspired pop. I hate it. 90% of it is so unimaginative. I'm so bored of the repetitive beats, lyrics and synths. Yes, some of it is great, but alot of it is absolute garbage and i can't stand that if i turn on the radio, i generally have to listen for 20mins before i hear a song that isn't unimaginative r'n'b pop.

The nadir, for me, is 'Ive got a feeling' by Black Eyed Peas. I just can't describe how much i HATE that song.

8. MagicalMatt

God, this whole thread is Hate On MagicalMatt's Jams! LOL!

No for real, my least favorite song in the world has to be anything metal. I JUST CAN'T DO IT. Or "My Chick Bad" by Ludacris. Or anything Nikki Minaj

9. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Did someone mention BrokenCYDE?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FPZTwqikaw[/YOUTUBE]

Check and mate. I've heard a lot of bad pop, bad rap, bad hip hip, bad metal, bad indie, etc, and nothing else I have heard comes close to how bad that song is. I dare ANY of you to make it through that whole video. Hell, that song makes "Freaxxx" actually sound listenable.

And if you want a bad classical song, here's "Also sprach Zarathustra" as performed by the Portsmouth Sinfonia, a symphony composed of people who don't know how to play their instruments. Seriously, that's their premise.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJ6anurfuw[/YOUTUBE]

I know. The fact that it is the most downloaded song of all time makes me incredibly sad.

10. Colton

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EPsuOEH1fY[/YOUTUBE]
    or...
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
    O_O

11. Bevo

Justin Bieber, watch at your own discretion, may contain utter garbage:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4&feature=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

Flo rida - right round, again watch at your own risk.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCw1ggftuQ[/YOUTUBE]

12. MagicalMatt

OMJIG how could I have forgotten Bieber. Hate you, Biebs!

13. Miss Bubbles

Yay more who hate biebs!!!

14. Bevo

As a lover of the classics and coming from a musical background, I found that painful beyond words, you have no idea.:eusa_doh:

15. TriBi

This has been at the top of my 'urrggh' list for some time now:
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e82VE8UtW8A&feature=av2e[/YOUTUBE]

16. SaturdaySaviour

This.

Also, any turbo-folk song.

And Umbrella ella ella eh eh.

17. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's a vast difference between "worst song I've ever heard" and "song I hate the most". Let's take the second part first.

As I get older, I notice that the upper edges of the "love/hate" spectrum start whittling away. It's a lot rarer for me to find new music that I really really love, but on a positive note, it's much more uncommon for me to find new music I really really loathe. That isn't to say I don't find new songs I don't like - I do - but I just go "Enh, no thanks", turn it off, and I almost never have to encounter it again. Something about being over 30 sort of exempts you from popular culture.*

But back in my teen years, some songs made me want to jab knitting needles into my ears. This one still rankles. I think I drove off the road a few times in an attempt to switch stations when it popped up on the radio.

[youtube]zB8txXS2PFs[/youtube]

The real question might be "Why?" What is it about this song that makes me hate it so much? I mean, I like songs LIKE this. I've always been a sucker for pop tunes, and this song sounded like 80% of the songs on the radio in 1988. But why do I crank up the volume for "Rocket 2 U", but loathe "Waiting for a Star to Fall" so much?

[youtube]Va_uvMvD5Bg[/youtube]

I honestly have no idea. But another song from the same period I hated with the passion of a million suns was "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)", a dreadful piece of pop fluff that had the honor of being the debut single from the long-awaited second Whitney Houston album. (With somebody who LOVES me. You know, as opposed to somebody who doesn't give a flying fuck about me. Thanks for clarifying, Whitney.) As soon as I saw the slow-motion overhead shot of the crowd, I'd switch off MTV even before the credits clued me in.

[youtube]eH3giaIzONA[/youtube]

But a few years later, I learned something interesting.

Guess who wrote "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"?
    George Merrill and Shannon Rubicam.
    Guess what name this due performed under?
    ...Boy Meets Girl.

Maybe I just hated THEM. They also cranked out Whitney's "How Will I Know" a couple years before, and I hated that one, too.

I can't say I hate anything recently with the same intensity. I'm over the Lady Gaga hype - I like the music, but not enough to want to keep hearing them (or ABOUT them). The new MIA album is kind of annoying, but I don't have to listen to it if I'd rather not. Justin Bieber's stuff is typical generi-pop for the year 2010. Having lived through various waves of "pop idol", I can just chalk it up to "this year's model". If he's got talent, he'll go the Stevie Wonder route. If he doesn't, well, we'll have a couple songs that sound more like 2010 than anything else, and he can be your generation's Tony DeFranco.

[youtube]gggcZvvZLeo[/youtube]

As for as really worst song ever? That's a whole 'nother topic, but I'll at least leave you with two words - Mrs Miller. But kudos to this guy who learned to lip-synch along with what has to be the hardest singer to lip-synch along with.

[youtube]4YRDtgIvDgc[/youtube]

Lex

* - no, really. Last week, I brought home a copy of Fame Monster for my partner. Why? He'd never heard a song by her. Ever. Despite being a homosexual who loves poppy dance music. (His opinion? "It's pleasant mid-80s Madonna. Nice, but I prefer the original.")

18. GoinStag

In Loving Memory

Any Lil' Wayne, Soulja Boy, Lady GaGa, or anything on the radio.

19. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I can't find the original version which was even more awful than this edited version but this is one of the worst songs I've run into[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnoaj8b2bGM[/YOUTUBE]

20. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

This thread can now end. Done. I couldn't make it past the 1:30 mark. Holy mother of pearl that is some terrible music.

EDIT: Where do you guys find this stuff? That song 'Chacaron' Chip just posted is... gibberish. It's awful. I feel like the temporal lobes of my brain just exploded.