1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Animated Avatars

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by davo-man, Sep 20, 2007.

1. davo-man

I was just wondering how you get the animated avatars like grillz has and Dave used to have. I have Photoshop and Flash, so is it possible to use either of these programs to make one, or do i have to find the one i want on the net and copy it off there?

Also, while Im here i may as well ask another question. Am i able to have an animated signature? I would probably use Flash to make it, so can i use a swf in the sig?

Any help would be appreciated

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yes, you can have an animated signature. It would need to be a GIF file though, not SWF.

I have no idea how you would go about creating one though. The one Dave had and grilz has have been around the internet for some time - they did not make them themselves.

With the software you have, maybe you can create the animation in Flash then convert it to a GIF somehow?

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Animated avatars are the most awful thing in the world! Don't get one! Soooooo annoying!

I love my AdBlock Plus! I LOVE it!

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Generally I agree, though I don't mind subtle ones like the person walking round and round the box that Dave used to have. Ones that flash or change colour etc REALLY annoy me and tend to get adblocked.

5. 24601

Generally the simple animations made in avatars are done through a program like Adobe Imageready. I've made a few in the past, but I haven't installed CS2/Imageready on this computer. There are other programs out there, too, I'm sure, but that's the only one I'm aware of.

6. SpikySpice

I had one software to creat animate, that's the one taht i use to creat my logo on my homwpage, it works as Paint, but it cannot do much, it's a really simple software

It's Easy GIFAimator, i didnt upload any avi that is created by this software on here so i dont know if they work

And I tried to upload an animated avi i found on some website, but it didnt move, it just stayed there

7. davo-man

Don't worry guys, I wasn't gunna create a really annoying one, thanks for the help *goes off to attempt to create one, be back in a few hours*

8. davo-man

Well I created one, its actually insanely easy to do in Flash....only thing is that I think that it might be a bit annoying, I dunno....what do you guys think, Do you prefer this one <<<< or the cartoon Joker?

9. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I prefer the cute Joker. But then that's pretty obvious given my lack of affection for animated avatars.

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I prefer the Joker one too, for the same reason as Joey.

I'm pleased to see you have sorted out how to make animated ones though.

11. Tom

Tom Guest

i prefer joker for this site but for other sites the one u made wud be gd, tells ppl ur gay and tht ur proud of it!

(well tells those tht know what the gay pride flag is)

12. davo-man

Well Three stikes and this avatar is out of the game!!!

Ill change it back post haste...thanx for the feedback tho