1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soo I went to the Montreal Anime Convention yesterday...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Aug 14, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

And it was a ton of fun :grin:

If I remember correctly, we're not allowed to post pictures of ourselves, so see my albums in a few minutes for pictures of my Ash Ketchum cosplay.

A few highlights: A Pikachu cosplayer running at me in a tackle hug and demanding a picture with me, high-fiving a mudkip, having an epic battle with another ash ketchum cosplayer, a pokemon DS tournament where I lost spectacularly, my friend meeting her idol Vic Magnana and crying afterwards, and spending 2 hours in the dealers room, successfully blowing 150$ and my friend spent 225$.

If you're wondering what I bought, heres a list:
    -Link poster
    -Kingdom hearts Keychain of Saix's weapon
    -Kingdom Hearts keyblade necklace of Sora's Keyblade
    -Chocobo Plushie
    -Pokeball Plushie
    -Body pillow of Goku in Super Sayian 3 form
    -Vincent Valentine Action Figure
    -2 "Yaoi" Flags (Just rainbow flags)
    -A Dragonball Surprise bag which included: a deck of cards, a pack of stickers, a pack of transfers, and 4 mini action figures :slight_smile:

So yeah, a good day :slight_smile: I was gonna go all weekend but unfortunately I am busy today and tomorrow is the pride parade.

2. Root

You. Lucky. Bastard.

While I'm not interested in any of the Anime you seem to be in to, I'd kill for an anime convention :frowning2: I love cosplay!

Naruto, Bleach, Kenran Butho Sai, Hellsing, Chobits, Claymor, Full metal Panic, Full Metal Alchemist, Witchblade, Black Cat and at least another 30. I spent my teens watching anime alone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I much prefer the subtitled stuff...dubbed anime is meh.

---------- Post added 15th Aug 2010 at 04:47 PM ----------

:icon_redf....that Pikachu girl is just tooooo cute! :icon_redf

3. Hoppip

I saw that picture of the Linebeck cosplayer and can I just say, if that guy was gay/bisexual/into men/pansexual/et al., he'd have a date immediately? :grin:

You look like you had so much fun~! I loved your cosplay. You should post pictures of your merch!

4. MusicIsLife

I second that, I usually don't watch Dubbed anime with a few exceptions (Dragonball Z, Pokemon) but I looove all sorts of anime apart from what I mentioned My other faves include hellsing, loveless, fruits basket, angel sanctuary, inuyasha, gakuen heaven, gravitation, and so on.