1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favourite song by... Pearl Jam (#8)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AlexPatrickMorrissey, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Previous winners:

1. The Beatles - Yesterday
    2. The Smashing Pumpkins - Zero
    3. David Bowie - Space Oddity
    4. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
    5. Nine Inch Nails - Closer
    6. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
    7. Black Sabbath - Paranoid/Fairies Wear Boots/Black Sabbath *TIE*

My vote goes to... (don't laugh)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU[/YOUTUBE]

2. Shevanel

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-aF5mPHrKQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Dissident!

I truly love all of Ten. That album is one of my favorites, definitely in my top 10. But Dissident is something special :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I really dislike Pearl Jam's later stuff however, like everything past Yield, because they get way too political, and I find that inserting politics into music can greatly pervert the beauty of it. Oh well. Seeing them live made me reaffirm that this song was my favorite by them. They are too amazing live. (For my own crazy purposes, my 2nd favorite song would be either Present Tense or Elderly Woman Behind The Counter in a Small Town.... or Black. Fuck this just got unfair, so I'm gonna stop xD)

Also, its sad to note that that Yellow Ledbetter Misheard Lyrics video is my basis for what I sing when I sing that song since like forever xD "Make me fries" is so much better to say than "Make me cry" xD

(My edit thing needs to go away before I keep on blabbing about Pearl Jam xD BUT THE LAST KISS COVER V_V)

#2 Shevanel, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. djt820

The only Pearl Jam album I have is Ten so pardon the ignorance. Ten is an amazing album but I have to go with Jeremy (Yes, their hit OMG). The message and elegance of this song is unbelievable. It's one of those few songs that taught me something. There was a kid I picked on in school. I was always a dick to this kid and he always tried to avoid me. One day, I watched the music video to Jeremy and it just hit me

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehlrlryu8mY[/YOUTUBE]

I apologized to that kid and we're now good friends. On top of the message, holy fuck 12 string bass gives me an instant boner.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll second "Yellow Ledbetter". Or, if I can give an anti-vote, I'll destroy any vote for "Last Kiss". :slight_smile:

Lex

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I haven't heard much Pearl Jam, but my vote goes to Master/Slave. I just love that bass riff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFxz8mnJek[/YOUTUBE]

6. Shevanel

I just want to scream... HELLO!

7. Don't be ashamed. Jeremy (as well as the rest of Ten) is fucking incredible, top to bottom. The bass, Eddie's incredible vocals, the lyrics, and the overall atmosphere make it an orgasm in the form of a five-minute hard rock song. Excellent pick, sir! :thumbsup:

8. Shevanel

I wholeheartedly agree.

9. djt820

Fuck yeah!

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some songs actually ARE popular because they're good. Not all of them, certainly, but some of them. :slight_smile:

Lex

11. I agree with this. Not all big hits are watered-down, shitty songs for dummies. If my favourite song by a band is their most popular, I'll admit it without any shame. I don't like the people who say that you HAVE TO listen to nothing but deep cuts. I like both. If it's good, I'm not going to worry about my "indie cred".

12. djt820

Well, Im just an indie hipster. Lol. I don't really care about the popularity of a song though. I just tend to like unpopular music overall. It's just personal taste.

13. I like a lot of underground music, too. I prefer to call myself a person who "loves all music, and doesn't care about popularity (or lack of), age, obnoxious fanbases, "hip"-ness, or the political/religious views of the musician". But that's kind of clunky, isn't it?

14. djt820

All that matters is the music and how it makes you feel. Nothing else matters.

15. I agree. I'll like anything if I think it's good. I'm a huge fan of Hole, and I don't care at all that Courtney Love is a murderer. That's just one (rather extreme) example.

16. RainbowJay

Not a fan of Pearl Jam either, but I also remember liking the song Jeremy and I just listened to it and realized I still like it. :slight_smile:

17. RedKnight

jeremy. i also like last kiss but lex will hurt me. so yes jeremy :slight_smile:

18. justcrosby23

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Used to love Jeremy but then I heard Better Man. not sure why but that song just kinda stuck with me :]