1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie: The Sensei

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EWU2012, Aug 25, 2010.

1. EWU2012

So I was browsing through the gay themed section of movies on Netflix and came across the movie titled "The Sensei" At first when I saw the cover I thought it was going to be some basic karate style movie but it was so not that. I ended up reading through the comments and a lot of people were saying how good it was and it made them cry a lot so I decided I would go ahead and watch it.

Here is the plot summary from IMBD.com:

"The Sensei" takes place in the early 80's, during the beginning of the AIDS epidemic. After a five year absence, Karen O'Neil, haunted by the death of her husband-to-be, boxer Mark Corey, returns to her hometown to reunite with her family who are leaders within their church and operate a successful martial arts business. After a lonely gay teenager named McClain Evans, is severely beaten, his mother asks Karen to take Mcclain as her secret pupil and teach him the martial way. When the secret gets out that she's his teacher, this manifest a series of events that effect her and her family."

And here is a trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAm_mZyYTlg

Overall I think that this movie was really good and would recommend it to others to watch. It is definitely a lower budget movie but it gets the point across and definitely brings out a lot of emotions. Very unexpecting. If you decide to watch it or have already seen it please let me know what you though.