1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Museum Day

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by flymetothemoon, Sep 6, 2010.

1. flymetothemoon

I don't know if this would interest anyone or not but I figured I would share since I just found out...On September 25, a ton of museums all across the US are offering free admission to two people per ticket (tickets can be printed for free online). It says one ticket per address, but I'm not sure how much they stick to that...the link is below for the website, and you can search for museums around you that are participating.

http://microsite.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/

And to try to start a bit of discussion on this thread...Anyone think they'll be going? What museums are you interested in checking out?

I'm planning to go and I think I'll either be checking out the New York State Museum or the Children's Museum of Science and Technology. I'd LOVE to check out the second one, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get there or not. It seems to be a bit difficult to get to via public transportation.

2. Possibly Maybe

Funny enough on this side of the pond we have Museum Night. Museums are open until 1am and you can go to as many as you want by a symbolic fee. There's street performers and music to go along with it. it normally happens in May though.

3. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm definitely going to take part in this. And just about every museum in New York in participating. Thank God I live only a 45 minute train ride away from Manhattan.