1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Still Here

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by partietraumatic, Sep 10, 2010.

?

What is 'I'm Still Here'

1. Mockumentary

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Documentary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. partietraumatic

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsx9Kez_Zs&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

I'm sure many of you have heard about this film. Its by Casey Affleck and charts the last 2 years of the life of Joaquin Pheonix.

If you don't know, Pheonix has supposedly lost it in the last two years. Quitting acting to become a rapper, and taking on a caveman like appearance, and becoming seemingly completely vacant when interviewed (see his interview on Letterman).

Now, the controversy over the movie is that nobody seems to know if it is a documentary or not. It purports to document the breakdown and fall from grace of one of Hollywood's best actors. However, there is a widely spread thought, that it is in fact a wind up. Many people are saying its a mockumentary, and that Pheonix has created this character who he been playing for the best part of 2 years.

If this is the case, then it surely marks Pheonix as one of the finest actors around, possibly ever. If this is not the case, and he seriously has lost it, then that's sad, as he is a very very good actor.

Anyway, either way, i shall be seeing it.

Just wandered if anyone else has heard much about this, and your opinions on whether its true or false?

2. lostinthought9

This is the first I heard of this movie. I'm still unsure of whether it's a mockumentary or not. Although, I will say this, it's too bad he kinda let himself go. He was such a good-looking guy. I absolutely loved him in Clay Pigeons.