1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Question about The Pokemon (TCG) Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by subaru000, Sep 15, 2010.

1. subaru000

Does anyone collect Pokemon cards anymore? What are the rules to the game and how does one battle? I've never learned how to play......... :tears:

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It been a while, but you need to store up energy on pokemon to have them attack, you can only play their weakest form first then you can play their evolved forms on them on your next turn.

3. Holly27

I remember some of the rules. :grin:

I think a deck has sixty cards in it. You shuffle your deck and draw seven cards before the game begins. If you don't get any basic Pokemon, you shuffle your hand back into the deck and draw again. You put one basic Pokemon out to battle, and up to five Pokemon face up on your bench. You put six prize cards face down to one side.

You flip a coin to see who goes first. On your turn, you draw a card. You can attach up to one energy card per turn. I can't remember the exact rules for items. When you're done preparing, you attack with the Pokemon you have out. You can only use attacks you have enough energy for.

When you defeat one of the other player's Pokemon, you take one of your prize cards and add it to your hand. The game goes on until one player runs out of prize cards (that guys wins) or one player's Pokemon or deck runs out (that guys loses).

4. subaru000

Sounds like a good summarization, Holly27. How are the more rarer moves and more evolved Pokemon unleashed?

5. Holly27

You evolve Pokemon by placing the evolved form card on top of the basic card. I think a single Pokemon can only evolve once per turn. So you could evolve a Bulbasaur into an Ivysaur, but you'd have to wait until the next turn to evolve it into Venusaur.

It's been a while since I played. ^_^; I haven't used any of the new decks or sets they've come out with in years.

6. MusicIsLife

I collected them in grade four, so I was around 10 or so. That said, I never played properly, I collected more than anything anyway. I remember having an awesome articuno holo.