1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katy Perry pulled from Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by beckyg, Sep 24, 2010.

1. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Evidently some uptight parents think Katy Perry is too sexy for Sesame Street. They complained and it was pulled. I think this is adorable!

[YOUTUBE]YHROHJlU_Ng[/YOUTUBE]

2. RaRa

That was "too sexy?" LOL

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awe that was soooo much fun to watch :grin: What prudes -_-

4. Rikudo

I read about this yesterday. People nowadays complain for the dumbest things.

5. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

OMG one of the comments on that vid! :lol:

What an idiot!

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it was a rather "hot" dress for a show like Sesame Street. And yeah, I know there was fabric there. But that's like hanging a flesh-colored sock out of my fly and saying "It's not by dick - it's just a flesh-colored sock".

The only thing I don't get is why somebody didn't say something the day of the filming. Like "Hey, how about something a bit more on the modest side?" I'm assuming Katy wouldn't've had any issue with that.

Lex

7. x2x2x2x2y2

It's "too sexy"???? Personally, I didn't find it sexy at all, so I don't know what they're talking about. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Seriously, I think it's a bit inappropiate, but not as bad as others are saying. Like Lex said, someone should have said something when they were filming it.

8. Emberstone

I can understand the question of length... but at the same time, if you care, you need a life. it didnt offend me... I just felt it was creepy that elmos eyeline was practically with katy's hem line, which was what, 4 inches from her own fluffy puppet.

9. BeautifulStranger

I didn't even notice her breasts in this until people started making a fuss about them...

10. Love etc

So parents will let their kids watch Disney movies with princesses with breasts but not the real thing?

Perhaps parents were more upset that it was Katy Perry herself who was in the video, rather than her breasts. Maybe they thought that if kids watched her on here, they would want to see her other music videos which may not be inappropriate for kids.

11. xCrazyInsanity

...Elmo still doesn't wear pants.
    Rosita is still topless, though I haven't seen her in awhile.
    Zoe wears a fucking tutu, after years of being naked.

And they have a problem with her wearing something that looks like it came from a disney princess outfit?

12. Lychee

I think it's inappropriate for pre-schoolers.
    Because if you look at all of those shows, 99% of the humans are dressed in a way that would be considered appropriate for a 3 year old, whereas if a 3 year old wore an outfit like Katy's that'd be ridiculously inappropriate.
    There are enough messages to young girls in the media about how they should try to look like all the celebrities and wear skimpy clothes, and these messages should be delayed for as long as possible. I agree with the show being pulled.

13. starfish

Over at another fourm I browse someone posted this.

A couple of thoughts. He doesn't have a problem with the thought of his son wearing a dress, just too revealing of a dress. That is cool.

It also hits on what I think the main problem is. They might have to actually be a parent and talk with their children about what is appropriate.

14. 4 seat

Exactly. The content is fine. Just put on something a little less like you're on stage at some concert and more like you're putting on a show FOR KIDS. What would you do if you walked into your pre-schoolers classroom, (or any classroom for that matter) and the teacher was rocking that skimpy little dress?

"But daddy, Miss Perry wears stuff like this everyday!"

How could somebody at Sesame Street not think that was inappropriate? Hey, maybe put something else on where we can't see 80% of your tits.