1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NaNoWriMo 2010

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Maddy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's less than a month until the kickoff of NaNoWriMo 2010! Who'll be joining me in imbibing too much coffee and yelling at the computer screen for a month?

For anyone who hasn't heard of NaNoWriMo, it basically involves writing a 50,000+ word novel during the month of November. You really don't have time to worry about quality - during November, it's all about quantity. Take a look at the website (although don't share your NaNo site usernames here!) if you're interested!

I'm so excited for this year. Last year I went into it completely flying by the seat of my pants, with no concept of the characters or the plot, and still came out winning. This year I actually have a vague plot, so hopefully that'll make life a little easier :grin:

2. Stuie

I would do it, except for the fact I have most of my exams in November then a whole lot of other stuff. Maybe next year! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Smile

I found out about this mid- November last year and was shattered. It seems like so much fun!

I may give it a go this year, but I am not sure.

4. AlyssWonderland

Totally doing it this year! I found out about it at the beginning of December when all my friends were talking about how close they were to 50000 but they ran out of time. I would not miss that this year, of course :slight_smile:

5. Emberstone

fifth nano, going for third win.

Already got the book plotted out, and it is now simply a matter of finishing the first book, since my nano novel is the sequel, and part two of a trilogy.

6. x2x2x2x2y2

I heard about this last year(I think on EC too) and I had no idea what it was about.

Maybe I will. It definently sounds cool and interesting. As for what I'm gonna write 'bout, I have zero ideas.

7. IsItSo

Out Status:
    A few people
    It's so funny, the only people I ever encounter who participate are gay. I heard about it from a [gay] friend and I think I might try this year.

8. haelmarie

I don't think I have any time.

If I do do it, I won't announce it until 15 days or somethings, until I'm sure I'm not going to quit.

I'm thinking I might be able to use this as one of my ISPs for a class at school.

9. Melissa

I first heard of this last year, and shamefully talked myself out of even trying. I won't make the same mistake this time around. No clue what I'll write, but NaNoWriMo 2010 here I come! :grin:

10. mwhp13

mwhp13 Guest

Ahhhh NaNoWriMo...such good memories associated with that name. One of my best friends told me about it two years ago and we tried it together...neither of us acutally made it to the end :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I got a good beginning out of it though, and it's definitely worth trying if you haven't.

11. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I won last year, but I know better than to try again this year. Rock Band 3 is coming out at the beginning of that month, so that will doubtlessly take up a lot of my time, and with the way my schedule is, I can't afford to be working on two major projects at once. Sorry, peeps; I'm out this year. Blame Harmonix.

12. GhostDog

Ohhh I am sorely tempted. I've never written anything that long before! Generally when I write, it's in script form because I intend to turn it into a comic. I've gotten out of the habit of writing much more than, "Off-panel, someone screams and the lady is all D: !!"

I think I might give it a go this year, though. No frickin' idea what I'd write about, but hey! It sounds fun.

13. Eric

50 000 you say? Hm, I'm tempted to take the challenge... I will definitely think about it. It would be so incredibly tough considering how much stuff I have in November.

14. Chandra

I see your NaNoWriMo and raise you one 3-Day Novel Contest!

(Okay, so it's already passed this year. But still.)

15. MusicIsLife

NaNoWriMo, take three! I'm going for my second win in a row. I'm totally stoked :grin:

16. Emberstone

Mods... is it against the rules if EC'ers share their nano profiles? I only ask because even though the profiles do not necessarily give personal information out, EC'ers who go to write-ins might be a question for if that counts as personal information for if you rsvp to your local meetings.

17. x2x2x2x2y2

I'll do it. I'm nervous though. haha

18. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, please don't share your profiles on the forums. You can send it in PMs, but nowhere public, because you can contact people through their NaNo profiles.

19. Emberstone

wonder if there are any widgets that read wordcount, but dont link to profiles...

I might just add my wordcount to my signature.

20. AlyssWonderland

I like that idea :grin: