1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Across the Universe"

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Bryan, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Bryan

Ok, I saw Across the Universe two times with in the past 24 hrs. It is amazing, Has anyone else seen it, thoughts, comments, Wanted to hear what everyone else thought of it.

2. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw it on... right, Wednesday night.

I really wanted to be blown away, I truly did. I wasn't, though. Evan Rachel Wood was, of course, amazing. And I loved "I Wanna Hold Your Hand," "Blackbird," and "All You Need Is Love." But it didn't really start clicking overall for me until the end and other than that--it felt somehow empty... like it had all the right beats to be an amazing story but somehow lacked the... heartfelt emotion of one?

Some of the reviews I've read said the story was somewhat lacking... and I think that was slightly true. Also, it felt pretty cobbled together.

But I loved the scene where Jude tells Lucy she has perfect teeth. And also when she sings that song about falling in love with him and not really wanting to or at least being afraid to. But then I've loved Evan Rachel Wood since she was in "Once And Again" so it's hard for her to do wrong by me. :slight_smile: