1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

books

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ALieToDieFor, Sep 29, 2007.

1. ALieToDieFor

Texas City,TX but Huntington beach,california atm
    So I keep hearing about this book called "Running with scissors"
    and its suppose to be this "omg wtf? holy shizzle!!! ka-pow! shoom shoom! am i faded?!"
    book lol
    I dont know what it is about but supposedly there is homosexuality involved which makes me want to read it...
    If you have read then we can reminisce about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Level N Human

I've seen the movie. It's an autobiographical of a gay man and his very strange life. I hear he was sued though for overexaggerations. I haven't read the book though, just seen the movie. It was certainly entertaining, but I found it sort of pretentious. ^^ Hehe.. That' s just me though, maybe you should give it a look and you'll like it.

3. I've read the book before and like Level N Human, I found the writing style to be a bit pretentious. The story was pretty interesting, even if Augusten Burroughs did get sued for defamation of character and invasion of privacy. Definitely give it a look in spite of that.

If it's any help, I believe that wikisummaries has a chapter-by-chapter synopsis of the memoir.

4. Jerr

That is possibly the best "type" of book I've ever seen... now if only Books-A-Million would have a section labeled that... My life would be complete.

5. Bryan

I saw the movie and loved it, I cant wait to read the book, now I just need some free time!