1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Horror

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Frer3, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Frer3

It's official. Rocky Horror Picture Show is the weirdest movie I've ever seen. Care to comment?

2. Shevanel

My mother let me watch it when I was little, like you know, under 10. I didn't understand any of the whole sexuality subplot or much of anything that was going on but I loved the music. Then I watched it again after a long time of not watching it when I was about 16, I was like WHOA xD

I love it. And if Rocky Horror is the weirdest movie you've ever seen, you need to watch more movies. Like David Lynch Films. xD Watch Lost Highway, then come back to me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

Oh yeah it's definitely one of the fucking weirdest movies I've seen in my life. But I will never ever get sick of it/not want to watch it because I like it that much.

4. Frer3

Now I'm watching it again with the added scenes from actual theatres.

5. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I'm going to see it again this year at the Rialto in Montreal. They put on a fabulous show every year (just don't go to the late show, they never start on time).

But yes, it is one of my favourite cult films. It also helped me realize my kink about male crossdressing. And the first time I ever had penetrative sex was after a showing several years ago. And once there was someone dressed as the Virgin Mary and she flashed the audience for the costume contest. Ahh... Memories.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually ran sound and music for a local production of it. We weren't allowed to throw rice, but pretty much everything else was fair game. The audience not only would yell out the "classic" participation lines, but make up new ones. Some of them were so funny, the entire production would stop while we all cracked up. My favorite memory was the actor playing Brad showing up his tighty-whities for the first time. He's trying his best to look the embarrassed-but-offended one, and I yelled, "Hellloooo, Brad!" To which he broke character for a second, glanced over at me, did the thumb-and-pinky phone gesture and mouthed "Call me" to me. :slight_smile:

Lex

7. Zach1992

I love stage productions of Rocky Horror. Not shadow casts, which are more annoying than good.
    Some different takes on the same song, Sweet Transvestite.

Rob Fowler from a recent European Tour
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAWhNYFqOOg[/youtube]

Terrence Mann from 2001 Broadway Revival
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hIN_7_wxc[/youtube]

Anthony Head from a tribute show
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiht0XK6NP8[/youtube]

8. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

BAH! Shadowcasts are super fun. A couple years ago they had a woman playing Rocky. And a man playing Dr. Frank-N-Furte (wait a second...).
    But I much much prefer the movie over the stage production. Maybe because I have a big gay crush on Susan Sarandon. :lol:
    Maybe also because the host in Montreal does some great narration as well. Their timing has been impeccable. I must have been spoiled with great shadow casts.

9. Miss Modular

Gosh, you sure have led a sheltered life. :slight_smile: In addition to Mr. Lynch, try watching John Waters movies that aren't Hairspray. That ought to help ease you in to stranger and more interesting movies.

10. Zach1992

I will never be the same after watching Pink Flamingos. :tears:

11. ANightDude

SHE ATE DOG POOP! :eek:

Anyways, yeah, I've only seen Rocky Horror twice, but jeez, it's weird as hell. But it's still oddly entertaining in every single way. One of the best cult films I've seen.

12. MusicIsLife

One of my favourite movies/musicals/cult films = rocky horror. My brothers still don't get it though, and they're 19 and 16. heh.

13. Frer3

My friend wanted it back, but I convinced her to let me have it for a couple more days so I could memorize "Time Warp."

14. AlyssWonderland

I just saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was amazing. One of my favorites now.
    One time me and my friends were bored so we started doing the time warp in the hallway. And then the clock stopped for about three minutes... :grin: IT WAS SO COOL.

15. Frer3

Coincidence? I think NOT!

16. Shevanel

17. Frer3

^agreed.

18. Phoenix

Phoenix Guest

19. MusicIsLife

I heard about this a few years ago. Not that ryan murphy was doing it. just that it was being remade. Never happened. Hopefully this is just rumours.

20. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You've got to be fucking kidding me. Nobody can replace Tim Curry as Dr. Frankenfurter.

Anyway, I love "The Rocky Horror Picture Show!" I just saw it for the first time in February, and thought it was weird, but I did enjoy it. I've seen it a few more times since then, and I love it more and more each time. It's become one of my favorite musicals. Coincidentally, the Blu-Ray comes out tomorrow, and it should be arriving in my mailbox tomorrow afternoon. (Preorders are awesome. :icon_bigg) "Moulin Rouge" comes out on Blu-Ray tomorrow as well (also Preordered, naturally.) Two of my favoritemusicals in one day. I know what I'm doing tomorrow night. (!) Now, let's do the Time-Warp!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_7u3nhANa4[/YOUTUBE]