1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jackass

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by NoLeafClover, Oct 21, 2010.

1. NoLeafClover

Just saw the new Jackass in 3-D, and while it's the same old stuff (still funny, IMO) they really seemed to pile on the gay imagery this time.....err..again.

I found this Vanity Fair interview which, toward the end asks Steve-o and Johnny Knoxville about homosexuality and homophobia in their movies. Very interesting.

Here's the relevent stuff:

So listen, I’m not sure how to broach this subject. There’s a lot of half-naked men in Jackass, and a lot of anal play and nipple torture and testicle touching. Is it possible that Jackass is at least a smidge gay?

Knoxville: I’m offended you just said a smidge!

It’s more than a smidge?

Knoxville: We’re over here sitting on rainbows and you say a smidge.

You’re a gay pride parade waiting to happen?

Knoxville: We’re a gay pride parade that’s happening! And in 3-D!

It’s not just homoerotic tension?

Knoxville: No, man, it’s all about release with us.

Steve-O: We always thought it was funny to force a heterosexual MTV generation to deal with all of our thongs and homoerotic humor. In many ways, all our gay humor has been a humanitarian attack against homophobia. We’ve been trying to rid the world of homophobia for years, and I think gay people really dig it too.

This was way too easy. I had all of these questions designed to lure you into admitting your subconscious desire to fuck each other. But apparently you’re not suppressing anything.

Knoxville: Suppressing?! Wait till I tell the guys you said suppressing! We’re not suppressing anything! We’re over here sitting on dicks!

I think Steve-o's bit is the most enlightening, and apparently I've been out of the loop on their inclusion on the jokes because I found info in more than a few places on the net supporting at least Knoxville's fondness for bears :slight_smile: He isn't gay, he just doesn't go for homophobia. Which is cool.

2. x2x2x2x2y2

^That's pretty cool. It's nice to have their support...even if they are jackasses. :slight_smile:

3. K44N 06

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I cant wait to see this movie.
    As long as there isnt a naked wee man im happy.
    SOME THINGS YOU CAN NEVER UNSEE!

4. NoLeafClover

There's no naked wee man, but COPIOUS amounts of Pontius-penis.

Could be a good or bad thing, depending..