1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Heights Heigh

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Micah, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Micah

www.abc.net.au/summerheightshigh

I seriously recommend you download the series here and watch them. Funniest TV Show ever in here in Australia.

It's about a Teacher, Girl and a guy from a school in Australia (all played by the same person), and just about their lives. Check it out :wink:

2. Psych!

Psych! Guest

XD!
    It's hilarious. I <3 it.
    The show and their accents, everything's so different.
    Except the girl is kinda bitc...

3. davo-man

That show is hilarious...i watched one ep a week ago, and it was great...i will be downloading the series when i finally get off speedcapped...damn speed capped

Chris Lilley (the comedian) is hilarious, and the thing is that I wouldnt be surprised if its not that far from the truth....I know there are definately girls like J'aime in my year level

Also his first series, We Can Be Heroes I think it was called was also awesome!

4. Vates

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This show is the most amazing Australian comedy in a very long time!! (The Chaser fall under a different category and they're really hit and miss)

I unfortunately have a Mr G at my school, plenty of Jonah's and every single girl (except me of course :icon_wink ) is a walking, talking J'amie.

I've got an episode podcasted, but it takes about 3-4 hours per episode! It's not a reflection of my new laptop, but merely how in-demand the show is.

Everyone is getting a copy of this on DVD for Christmas... 'that's not disruptive, that's entertainment...'

5. gaynathan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    great show, "shes a naughty girl with a bad habit."

mr g is my fav, but all of them are so funny

6. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Three words....funniest...show....EVER!!

I watched some episodes of "We can Be Heroes", the other comedy series that Chris Lilley created and it was equally as hilarious. He's a very talented man.

I went onto the abc website and they have games where you can dance with Mr G, or get Jonah to tag a wall for you. I've even seen a myspace account for them all as well.

I agree with Vates in that it's been too long since Australia has produced a comedy series that genuinely makes you laugh.

Round of applause :eusa_clap

7. Kimi

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ja'mie is my favorite. lol

"Shut up and let me explain"
    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: OMG, I love her:grin:

8. dictionary

My drama teacher is exactly like Mr G he peformed a intepritve dance to his vce englis class about te black plauge and the school play you just saw him trying to undermind the actual directors every desition.
    I love his notes around the kitchen "Please cover all food in the microwave there are no cleaning faries" "Please wash your own dishes the dish fariys are on holiday" " if anyone touches ANY of my food i will consider it as theft and it will become a police matter"

9. CelebrityHead

Did anyone see tonight's episode? I'm so upset about Celine!! How will Mr G go on?!

Chris Lilley is unbelievably funny... he's so talented!
    Oh and a random fact; the principal in the show used to teach at my school!
    Anyways, can't wait for next week's show... I'm beginning to get more enthused about watching this show than The Chaser's..

10. dictionary

LOL did you see the add at the end with Ja'mie and the asian girl "its all about education"
    and the musical was so funny the kid with extacy tablets razor blades and sisiors
    "the special ones the normal ones the asian ones"
    But it was so sad when johna gets bulled out of Gum nut college and the teacher is like crying and then when he comes and dose his speach i like was nearly crying....

11. davo-man

The final episode was SO good...I seriously recommend everyone downloading it from Itunes (its free and legal)

I felt so sorry for Jonah, and I truly believe that his reaction is so true and faithful, as in I can imagine someone like that going completely reclusive (not really the right word but anyway) about leaving the school, and having to be dragged away. Best moment was when he took his hands aways and he was pretty much crying...And Leon is so cute, he seemed like such a nice guy

And Ja'mie is just hilarious, and honestly there are so many ppl like that at my school, its not funny

The "Arena Spectacular" was AWESOME...so funny...I loved how "Celine" was replaced by a huge dog and lifted away with angel wings!

Anyway, it was great

12. waitingsucks

Love SHH. Faovurite show atm. Favourite character is J'aime but it's close. Haha "Annabel Dixon... When girls take drugs and then they die, who would of thought, at summer height high... on days like these it's a bummer heights high" Love it soo much i taught myself how to play it on piano. The last episode with the musical is soo funny and the songs are actually really catchy. recomend it 2 any1, it's one of the biggest shows over in Aus btw!

13. CelebrityHead

I saw Chris Lilley today at Chadstone!
    But I didn't line up to get his autograph or anything... the line was way too long

14. dictionary

Yeah my friends saw him at chadstone to but they actualy lined up they got to pat celine and got dictation and puck you writen on there arms they said chris was realy nice

15. CelebrityHead

haha dictation, thats awesome!
    I saw that spraypainted on the inside of a train once... I wonder what kind of station rat would enjoy watching ABC comedy? lol

16. dictionary

I saw it (dictation) on the wall of the local high school i laughed but im not sure the prinsapal of the school would have.
    Gah at Today Tonight saying it will cause students to mimick the behavior seen in the show its so stupid cause thats what students are alredy like..

17. CelebrityHead

Today Tonight's lame. You're right :thumbsup:

18. Revealed

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I bought the series dvd yesterday. I'm dying to watch it but I'm going to wait until I can get some of my friends around one night and we'll watch it together.

Haha!! That poor German Shepherd with angel wings....it was so confused!

19. davo-man

Today Tonight makes me laugh...and not in the way that Summer Heights High does...Today Tonight and A Current Affair are not news programs...the majority of their "news stories" are sent in by their viewers. By this I mean that those shows actually advertise for viewers to send in complaints for A Current Affair and Today Tonight to do news stories on...That's not journalism, thats getting the public to do your job.

Sorry I went off ona bit of a tangent, its just that those shows annoy me

And that German Shepherd was soooo cute!

20. dictionary

What!!! today tonight isnt a Real news program....... :astonished:!
    I am truly shocked as if dancing with the stars goss isnt news?