1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (part one!) Countdown Thread of Awesome :D

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MusicIsLife, Nov 8, 2010.

1. MusicIsLife

I'm so so so so excited, 90% because I'm going to one of the midnight release showings. In preparation I'm watching A Very Potter Musical/Sequel as well all 6 movies. Not today obviously, but over the next 9-10 days before it comes out! :grin:

Anyone else practically counting down the seconds til it comes out?!

2. lostinthought9

Re: The Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (part one!) Countdown Thread of Awesome

I'm looking forward to Part I, too. ^_^

I just wish I would have time to reread the book before the movie. =/

You seem to have everything planned out. xD

3. MusicIsLife

Re: The Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows (part one!) Countdown Thread of Awesome

Yeah, me too :/ but I want to be all caught up to speed anyway, even if its just the movies.

4. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I sadly missed my chance with the midnight screenings. They sold out at every theatre in London in like...a day. And when I checked last week they were gone. So yeah, I'm going to have to do a different day...

5. browneyedboy

i can not wait to0! been waiting for so long, anyone know where in the plot the movie is split between apparently the 2nd half contains the battle of hogwarts and it is one of the most intense scenes theyve ever done!!!!!! cant wait.....as u may have noticed i kinda tend to get carried away when it gets to HP :slight_smile: yay cant wait

6. Pepsi

Pepsi Guest

I've been to the midnight showings of all but the first and I think one other movie. I'm very excited! (!)

7. ArcaneVerse

Honestly I don't see the point in watching half of a part of a story. Ill most likely be waiting until part two is out and then watch them one after the other. I'm not in any hurry to watch them, they screwed up pretty much all of the others anyways.

8. Connor22

I'm SUPER excited and am trying to get all of the books read before it comes out, I'm 3/4 of the way through order of the pheonix

9. Emberstone

I actually think they did the right thing by splitting up the book. the first film takes us to, if i remeber correctly, 2/3rds-3/4th of the way through the book.

we could either have a 2 and a half hour film that cuts alot out that is needed, or two films, one two and a half hours long, one a hour and a half or so long (i have heard, it wont be confirmed until they release a proper time for part two), and get more in.

I look forward to it, and I have a friend who is halfway through HBP, and she is hoping to finish deathly hallows before the film is released.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I wanted them to do the whole book back to back. I mean both films are done with filming apparently. So I think they should have done like, the first half, then take a break for bathroom and such, and then watch the other half. I know I know, it'd be 5 hours, but if you're a true Harry Potter fan, you can't say you wouldn't sit through the whole thing.

11. ArcaneVerse

I agree with you that its a brilliant idea to have two movies for one book, I just don't see the point in watching it until the other half is out also.

I also wouldn't want to read the books again before watching them as the movies are always a disappoint in comparison to the books, so having a refreshed memory of all the parts they missed and left out or change or w.e isn't a bright idea imo. Just watching the movies again would probably be a better way to do it.

I agree, but see its all about how much money they can make off it.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Then charge us double! It's not that hard of a concept to grasp. Just charge us double for both movies. I mean then they don't have to waste so much money promoting each film on it's own -_-

13. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 9 days =D

14. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

everytime i see an add in street i get more and more exited

15. Happy Vampire

I really can't wait. I just finished reading Deathly Hallows yesterday. And although I know some of the parts are going to be wrong I still can't. Though I am going to keep track of who they kill off in the movie and compare it to the list I made from the book. I know that is sort of morbid but I had to write a bunch of obituaries in English so I wrote them for the people that died in that book.

16. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

Can't wait! :grin: Its going to be freakign awesome. I'm just hoping that they won't mess it up like the 6th movie. I was raging at how they showed dumblerdore's death >.> But either way, too excited for this haha Already re reading the 7th book! :grin:

17. TheRoof

Cant Waitttttt I Love Hermioneeee!!!

18. MusicIsLife

Of course they'll mess it up. They always do :slight_smile: except for Order of The Phoenix. I actually liked that one >.>

19. Emberstone

there is such a thing as too much... and anything past three hours is too long for a film. titanic and return of the king both were overlong. avatar was overlong too, expecially when you realize the big battle takes up well over a hour in and of itself.

20. confusedgirl

nothin but dry desert here no beach either

I'm so hyped for this movie to come out I just wish that I would have read all those books ugh I feel like kicking myself for not reading the secound hp book when my friend let me borrow her books, then I would have been all caught up but oh well theirs always the summer though. I can't wait to see the first part of deathly hallows its so weird that after the secound part their wont be anymore hp will always be apart of my childhood.