1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what do you think of desperate housewives?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by yeahyeah, Nov 10, 2010.

1. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

if you like the series and u follow it what do you think of its content nowadays

2. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    good, i love the series, i love it most when shawn was in it. however its still a great watch !

3. Smile

I love the series! I have season 1 on DVD! I have watched it so many times!

However, I have simply lost track of it so much. It's a thing I do, I just keep forgetting when shows are on. I will watch everything from season 2 onwards one day soon.

I just think it is amazing how all of the girls are different in their own ways and there are heaps of episodes that cover a broad range of important subjects. It's great.

Although I hear a plane crashed in Wisteria Lane? That's a silly plot point I think.

4. excuseyou77

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My love for it went away a while back, but part of me wants to tune back in this season for Vanessa Williams.

5. Emberstone

season 6 had its moments, but it went a little flat, and I think vanessa williams is breathing some life back into it.

you would think that with all these terrible things constantly happening on the lane, people would wise up and move away for fear of their life.

6. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it. :slight_smile: Though as is with everything the first season was probably the best and it declined a little bit with each season. Honestly I watched it so long ago it's all a blur! I watched probably the first 4 seasons in a month! It was so good. Then I got my family into it and they watched the first 4 seasons in about a month too! And we followed season 5 on TV and same with season 6 now. Me, mom, dad, and even little brother watch it together haha. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But anyways it does seem to me to be getting a little "far-fetched" (more and more each season) because bad things and drama constantly happen... but it would be boring without it. That's what the show is. But they have to keep on constantly coming up with even more outrageous circumstances. I like season 6 in that *see spoiler*. It seems a little less "far fetched" even though it still is. Anyway, I probably don't laugh as much at this season as I did previous seasons, but it's still worth watching and I look forward to seeing it on sundays! :grin:

SPOILER : Instead of new people moving into the street, cause problems and have dark secrets that drive the plot, Paul seems to be coming back for revenge, which is a little more "different" than previous seasons. As well as the fact that Paul's new wife is actually Felicia's Daughter. That is something I was very impressed with because it seemed more "classic desperate housewive-y"

#6 Austin, Nov 13, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  7. Emberstone

so far, this new season seems a little predictable. I figured out the backstory of one of the new characters three episodes before they revealed the truth.

I think there are two more seasons after this, and I am getting to the point that while I still watch, and get enjoyment... I think it is good that it is coming to a end.

8. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

I love that show :grin:

9. Charme

Charme Guest

Hahaha! Seriously true. My sister commented on how they're still all sane after all the shit they go through. I was overjoyed to see Vanessa Williams added to teh cast. I loved her in Ugly Betty and to see her actually smile in a TV series was surprising considering she rarely did so in Ugly Betty.

10. TWestside

TWestside Guest

I've watched until the end of 6th season. But i haven't started to 7th season yet. Anyway, i love this show. Robin was my fav. character in last season. ^^

11. Moonstrike

Moonstrike Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Allow me to be the counterweight.

I hate it. I really wanted to like it but I just couldnt bring myself to watch more than half an hour. I genuinely dont see the attraction. If anyone wants to persuade me with any 'best clips' or whatever, go ahead.

12. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love it. :grin:

Bree is my favorite character. <3

13. Vivi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I used to watch it, but i've kinda drifted away from it. I haven't seen any of the new season - is it any better than the last?

14. yeahyeah

yeahyeah Guest

i like Bree a lot too :slight_smile: and she is really beautiful.

15. Pokerface

I just love its elegant sarcasm.

16. Emberstone

I miss edie... after they killed her off, it has just continued to slide.

17. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Never watched it. Not even once.

But the women on it are HOT. Especially the redhead one.