1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UFOs, Pole Shift & 2012: Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jay, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Jay

Jay

There is a lot of speculation regarding the above topics, most of it is based on little or nothing, but nonetheless it really makes me want to know more. My question for you all is: Do you believe in any of the things being said about 2012, Aliens, UFOs, the shift, etc.etc.? What things you think are unreal and what things are very real?

Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

2. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Do I believe in extraterrestrial life? Yes.

Do I believe in UFOs? I don't know. They're called unidentified for a reason. Just because you don't know what they are, that doesn't automatically mean that they're aliens. I just want to know why aliens with technology advanced enough to travel many many light years would come here just to watch us. Either they would share technology and become allies or enslave us. More than likely they would enslave us. I do believe that UFOs are Earth-based. But I will not say that is completely true, because they're unidentified.

Do I believe in 2012? No.

Do I believe in the pole-shift theory? Yes, but not the rapid pole-shift theory. The poles shift over a very long time, and have happened before, that's what the pole-shift theory says. And it has proof. The rapid pole-shift theory says it will rapidly happen over a course of a few years, which has never happened in Earth's history.

And why is this in entertainment?

3. Emberstone

Given the upcoming 2012 presidential elections, I think we should take seriously the possibility that as the election day approches, the growing size of sarah palins head, ego, and unearned sense of entitlement might all grow to have such density and gravity that it would put a torque on the earths crust, causing a crustal displacement of the magnitude shown in the 2012 movie.

I would recommend you pack for both hot, warm, mild, and cold climate, because when she doesnt win...

4. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

UFOs? Yes theres been proof, with the vidoes etc

Pole Shifts, well yeah, as you know the weather is getting worser

2012, I DO sorta believe in it

5. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

1. Whether or not UFOs exist is not what the debate is about. It is whether they are aliens.
    2. Pole shifts actually cause the weather to get lighter, not worse. Warming of the atmosphere makes whether worse.
    3. lol@2012

6. Stuie

My pseudoscientific bullshit detector is getting a very strong reading from the rapid pole shift theory. I could feasibly happen with a whole lot of intervention which effectively means no.

2012 as the date of "doomsday" come the ancient Mayan calendar. Just like all calendars, when they come to an end, it's not the end of the world. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

UFOs, probably not extraterrestrial. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: A lot of UFO sightings are then found to have a terrestrial explanation. Either way, we don't have enough information to say flat out that they're alien. I personally think there's probably life elsewhere in the universe, but most likely something similar to bacteria. It almost certainly won't be something like our conception of life.

7. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    One of my friends' mothers works with Mayan descendants and they say that the whole Mayan calendar ending has NOTHING to do with the end of the world, though there may be something that happens such as a change in thought, or something like that, but we aren't going to die.

Yes I believe in aliens, same goes for ghosts, I've got a mischievous ghost haunting me anyway...so I'd say yeah, I believe it.

And as for UFOs, totally believe in them but I'm not sure what they could look like. They could wind up looking like a flying carrot for all I know..

8. Emberstone

if anything happens on december 21st, 2012, it will be something caused by the hands of man.

I fully expect alot of crazies and loonies to commit ritualistic suicide in cults, and it saddens me, because it is not something one likely can easily stop.

I will be apprehensive when that day comes, and not because of a fear of natural disasters, but a fear of the disaster humanity itself has become.

I will not be surprised to wake up on december 22nd, 2012, when people are still living, and the world has not ended.

9. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

On 12/21/12 even though I don't believe in it, I will be getting me a new TV. Yay for possible mass looting!

10. Shevanel

I hate looters >_>

11. Johnnieguy

Why would they enslave us? What about the possibility that they are frightened of us, and our war-like ways? What about the possibility that we aren't emotionally evolved enough to join other advanced civilizations of the universe(s)? We do kill our own species in the name of God, afterall...what would stop us from killing extraterrestrials?

12. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Why did the first explorers in the new world enslave the Natives?

13. RedState

one thing at a time...many of us have not gotten over this Y2K thing yet

14. Shevanel

We are human, I understand his point, not saying I agree with it so much, but that's the thing. You don't really know how extraterrestrials really are. They could be out of our realm of understanding completely. Think about the extremely small amount of the light spectrum we can see.

15. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Also, life can theoretically exist anywhere in a solar system. It's only Earth-like life that has limitations. So, theoretically, there can be aliens from a planet like the moon Titan where -259 F is like our 70 F. Then those life forms would have limitations, and a planet like ours would be deemed inhabitable

16. MMAnick

I seen a UFO before. Me, my dad, and my sister was walking out of the local rec center one night and we were the last ones leaving and i looked up as we were walking to the car and what i saw make me stop in my tracks.

I saw several orange-red balls of light in the sky shaped like a triangle. Me, my sister and my dad all stopped and looked in amazement. We, still do this day, have no idea what it was. We do kno that it was an unidentified flying object.....not saying it was from space tho lol.

17. Shevanel

Or there are beings on our earth that are right in front of us, but we just cannot comprehend that they exist. The Unknown is crazy shit.

18. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

Indeed it is..indeed it is..:eek:

19. Emberstone

the worst assumption we can make is that we know all the ways life can form.

I believe in aliens, because we exist... and that means the means for others to exist exists within the universe.

As for ufos... I am skeptical that anyone would bother with us... has anyone bothered to watch 'the bacholer'?... it the aliens see that show, they likely will skip us and move on to the next inhabited planet.

20. ANightDude

Out of curiosity, what does everyone think about the whole "Aliens helped civilization develop" theory? Saw something about it on the History Channel the other day, thought it was interesting.