1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else see Black Swann yet?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ungrounded, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ungrounded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've always loved Natalie Portman but she's my new hero. I don't want to give anything away so I wont give any details but I highly recommend it.

2. EWU2012

No but I really want to. I almost went to see it yesterday but instead I saw the Tron movie with my brother and sister while my parents went to see The Fighter.

3. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I saw it last Wednesday. It was absolutely incredible. Natalie Portman was amazing in the movie. You can tell she really devoted herself to the role. I loved the movie, and I highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

4. Beachboi92

saw it on christmas with my BFF and it was AMAZING natalie portman gave me chills, it was probably some of the best acting i've ever seen. Her role was so convincing and the characters where so vivid and it was all so crazy and amazing and so many other things. Just a spectacular film in every way.

5. EWU2012

I just now finished watching the film and yeah it was absolutely amazing!! Natalie Portman did a phenomenal job as well as Mila Kunis. I didn't know it would be quite so dark. I think it is a must watch movie and would recommend it to others to see.

6. Markio

I saw it last night. It was good and all, but I don't really like horror/thriller movies. It grossed me out a lot; it was also kind of funny, and really sad.

7. ungrounded

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How was Tron? Was it as good as the first one?

Miss Portman gave me chills too, it was like I could feel the music just from her facial expressions.

8. EWU2012

I never saw the first Tron so I couldn't compare them but I thought it was alright. It could have been better but I am glad I watched it. The reason why I wanted to see it in the theaters was for the graphics.

9. Shevanel

If you guys haven't ever seen a Darren Aronofsky film before (He's the director, in case you didn't know), he's really quite amazing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgo3Hb5vWLE[/YOUTUBE]

Watch this film especially. It's one of the most important films ever made >_>

10. paperheart

This movie was really confusing for me, but in a good way haha! I love movies that make you think and some of the scenes were wow ;P I've always loved Natalie Portman but now I love Mila Kunis, too! I'm not out to my brother or sister and they both want to watch Black Swan with me tomorrow. They don't know that I've seen it already but I'm sort of deciding if I should go watch it with them or not. It'll probably be awkward but I'd love to see their reactions to some of the scenes haha!

11. TheRoof

it was one of the best movies I've seen this year. loved the whole erotic/psycho/thriller theme!

12. Courtneyyy

omg it was amazing. i'm so in love with mila kunis, so it was great to see her being super hot. and the mind fuckery, that was CRAZY.

i LOVE it :slight_smile:

13. sokk

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Too bad a movie like this would never happen if it was a gay theme. But lesbians are ok to show as sexual beings.. Kinda sad imo.

14. Zach1992

Well it's not lesbian themed. Yes there are a few lesbian scenes but they are far from what you think they are.

15. TheWanderer

just got back from the theater 10 mins ago, AMAZING! ya I know I'm late to the party.

16. maverick

I'm watching this movie right now. It's creeping me out in a huge way. It kind of reminds me of Stephen King at his scariest, like Misery-with-Kathy-Bates type stuff with a little Eyes-Wide-Shut hallucination thrown in.

It's a pretty horrifying combination, but yeah, Mila Kunis is super hot, and Natalie Portman is (as always) a totally awesome actress whose entourage I would happily join. Just her choice of roles to accept is really telling of her personality, which seems to me to a whole lot of awesome.

17. InaRut

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with that comment. And then agree with the one below it. It is not particularily lesbian themed and I don't think this movie really qualifies at hetero-fantastical lesbianism. Infact, I found that this scene was really thematic in bringing up that awkward overbearing mother complex.

In fact, give this movie another 5 years and queer-cinema writers will be all over it as a true representative story of the female (perhaps even homosexual) gaze. I know I certainly could write a paper (or 5 on it).

I know it's easy to look at a film and go, "OMG LESBIANS. How (I hate this word) "hetero-normative" and with any b-rated film you would be right. But in some rare cases lesbianism and homosexuality can be used in a way that more expresive then dentrimental. In fact, by automatically assuming that every lesbian scene is just for the male gaze, aren't you in yourself practicing the same idea?

In by no means is this an attack, I just thought I'd drop my two cents on the whole people getting mad about the lesbian thing. In a movie and theme where the perfection of the human body is so important I think it's okay for a pseudo-homosexual fantasy to be put in there. :rolle:

18. x2x2x2x2y2

I saw it on wednesday. It was good and all but not great imo. I think I just heard so much hype for it that I expected a lot. The Social Network still has my vote for best film of 2010. I expected a lot out of TSN, and got exactly what I had hoped for.